those who have taken tech1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kevrumbo:
Hi Anders!
Gid and the Crew had a tough day today ('nuff said). I totally agree about practicing without proper supervision & demonstration may lead to incorrectly learning/performing the skill. But it's always good to be prepared ahead of time and at least know what to expect. . .
Carlo, if you can, ask Martin Lorenzo as a professional & personal favor to show you how to perform this difficult skill. . .
Kevin.

I'll second the "tough day" part, certainly as far as surf entry went. Pretty ugly.

The diving was OK though, although as Kevin says, the toxing diver could have gone better. "Subduing" him was one thing, getting to the surface more difficult.

We were thankful for our surface support team today, that's for sure!

Good luck with the rest of the class guys, I hope it goes well. I wish I could be down there to help out in some way, but work is full and on Friday we'll go on a trip to Channel Islands.

I do however send some mental support... eyebrow

Anders

Vie:
Thanks for the suggestion, lamont. Not the way I was taught but I'll have to try that. To be honest though, I'm not sure if I'll be able to reach the "toxing" diver's rear dump - I'll have to give it a go in the pool. I'm thinking that when I reach for the "toxing" diver's rear dump (taking my left hand/arm away from the bottom of the "toxing" diver's backplate), his feet would be hanging down and positioning his body so the rear dump is out of reach of my short arm? And if both of us are carrying deco bottles?

i haven't tried it with deco bottles yet...

it worked fine for me without 'em...

globaldiver:
Good luck with the rest of the class guys, I hope it goes well. I wish I could be down there to help out in some way, but work is full and on Friday we'll go on a trip to Channel Islands.

I do however send some mental support... eyebrow

Anders

well, we're down to it now. We are making it a bit more difficult than it really needs to be for ourselves, but I think we are in with a chance. We have to have a kick-*** day tomorrow though.

Vis has been crappy, surf has been crappy and we are exhausted. -- Welcome to day 4 of hell.

limeyx, you are not exactly delivering an advertising prospectus for Tech 1.

Kevrumbo:
Hi Anders!
Gid and the Crew had a tough day today ('nuff said). I totally agree about practicing without proper supervision & demonstration may lead to incorrectly learning/performing the skill. But it's always good to be prepared ahead of time and at least know what to expect. . .
Carlo, if you can, ask Martin Lorenzo as a professional & personal favor to show you how to perform this difficult skill. . .
Kevin.

thanks for the advice guys. im actually going to take longer time to refine my skills i was originally set for tech1 on june but i think il postpone til august. will sit in martin's fundies and act as his assist and and maybe cameraman:) il take this oppurtunity to cement my fundies skills.

what i have been addressing and practicing is learning to manage all my gear while using the can light. i swear i had the valve/s drills, smb deployment nailed! add the goodman handle on the left hand and suddenly im a bit awkward. still trying to rack as much dives with the light in hand.

Spoon:
im actually going to take longer time to refine my skills i was originally set for tech1 on june but i think il postpone til august.

Will JJ be teaching or will the August class be taught by another instructor?

Vie:
Will JJ be teaching or will the August class be taught by another instructor?

another instructor. the classes of jj are next month.would have loved to take it with him but i am soooo not prepared

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom