Thirteen Lives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mbs

Contributor
Reaction score
We watched Thirteen Lives on Amazon last night. Quite enjoyable! I will be interested to hear cave divers opinions on it. Clearly this is a big film, not a documentary. We are not cave divers nor do I have any interest in it, but for obvious reasons the underwater filming had the viz much clearer than I expect it really was! The credits listed many of the divers involved as consultants. I would have liked to be a fly on the wall to hear some of the arguments I'm sure ensued :wink: I had read Rick Stanton's book before and thought it followed the story quite closely. I would have enjoyed seeing Stanton's homemade rigs though, especially the innertube!

Did you see The Rescue? It’s got interviews with Stanton and others, and has a lot of actual video. I think you see Stanton’s inner tube SM rig.

It’s on Disney+. You can get a one month subscription to see it.
Have not seen that yet... I have to get my buddy/financial planner/wife to authorize the subscription :wink:

Have not seen that yet... I have to get my buddy/financial planner/wife to authorize the subscription :wink:
About $8 for one month.

Brilliant film. Really well done. Better still it’s quite accurate with real cave diving equipment and no mention of "oxygen tanks".

The tension is palpable, really well filmed. For all the films about the Thai cave rescue, this one is head and shoulders above all the others.

I started it this morning, and will finish it at work tonight.

DW

Just saw it was available on Prime this morning. Might be something to kill the weekend with. The above reviews sound like it might be good and not embarrassingly bad.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom