Thinking of a Turkey Weekend Dive...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So Ron blew a neck seal after our first dive. Someone bring a Large drysuit along! :)
I have a 7mm he can borrow but he will be cold!
vis was good.

Here's some of my pix from Saturday -- Pardon my learning curve, I seem to have some dome reflection issues in a few of my shots. Strobe too far forward perhaps? Looks like Justin's trim is pretty solid.

3072712543_fc6ff72056.jpg

3072712591_d291881a49.jpg

3072712595_197ea8f9eb.jpg

3072712661_f60268c0f2.jpg

3072712665_7012ba944e.jpg

I got back from BH about an hour ago (10:30pm). It was a strange and eventful trip...

It started out fairly normal. We left around 10:00am on Friday, and arrived at BH around 4:00pm. We did a night dive, and all was good until I went to remove my Drysuit. When I grabbed the seal to pull it over my head, it ripped from top to seam.... DAMN! I have about 100 dives on it, and got it used, so loosing the neck seal was not a tragedy, but that was the end of diving dry on this trip.

Justin loaned me his 7mm wetsuit for diving the next day. Unfortunately it was a bit large. I did one dive in the morning, and was so cold that it took me 30 minutes to stop shivering once out, and I did not warm up for several hours. So my diving was done for Saturday with just one dive.. ohh well. Sunday was more of the same, so I did a whopping THREE dives on this trip.

We tried Comet this time around for food (Lake City Diner was closed for the Thanksgiving weekend), and I think I like their food a LOT better than Josephs. I've eaten there before, and was not impressed, so maybe they changed cooks, or I tried it on an off night. No beer/alcohol, but we don't care, we can get beer etc., elsewhere, and enjoy that at the hotel.

We had a nice dive Sunday morning (vis was very good/great) all weekend, and left rather early around 11:30am. The trip home was going on schedule until we hit N. CO Springs, and wow, what a mess. We left early, but I did not arrive home until 10:30 at night... 11 hours later, and that sucks! :shocked2:

It was nice meeting you *GotNoOcean* (Christophe), and thanks for posting the pics! Yes, I think your flash is too far forward. It should be behind the dome, and with one flash generally above it, or out on both sides if using two flashes, but some of this is based on the subject.

Now I need to figure out if I want to install my new neckseal, or pay to have it done... sigh.....

Sorry to hear about the neck seal & travel snags, Ron. It was good to meet everybody & I'm looking forward to next time!

Cheers,

Great diving this weekend.

Like Ron mentioned, the drive home was LONG, but the vis was FANTASTIC. Would have liked to have dove PErch, but with Ron diving wet (brrr) that was out.

We all had a great time, some great dives with Jim, Mark, Chris, and Paul (surface support). Nice meeting you all.

Thanks to Stella for filling tanks on such a slow weekend.

One thing.... a slow weekend makes for GREAT VIS!!!!!

My drysuit and new DSS / DIR rig was flawless.

Got some timely/great advice from Ron... thanks for that!

In general I had a GREAT time. I was hoping to make 50 dives this weekend, but looks like my 50th dive will be in Bonaire in Jan with WaterSkier1. Fun times.

When I grabbed the seal to pull it over my head, it ripped from top to seam.... DAMN! I have about 100 dives on it, and got it used, so loosing the neck seal was not a tragedy, but that was the end of diving dry on this trip.

Sorry to hear about the neck seal. Ironic that the last trip down there (when I broke my spring strap) you mentioned that we bring backups for everything but our drysuit and that maybe we should bring a heavy wetsuit for backup. You were more prescient then you thought. :coffee:

Sorry to hear about the neck seal. Ironic that the last trip down there (when I broke my spring strap) you mentioned that we bring backups for everything but our drysuit and that maybe we should bring a heavy wetsuit for backup. You were more prescient then you thought. :coffee:

LOL Our local saying is that the most important piece of equipment for a drysuit diver is a wetsuit. :wink:

Glad to hear the diving was good though. We haven't been to BH since Sept when we were there 2 weekends. I guess we need to head over real soon.

Two weeks ago we were on a dive trip to Roatan, at CCV and I had the inevitible happen... I did a fubar and *******ed my camcorder the second dive day. Horror of all horrors, I had to dive the rest of the trip without shooting video! :depressed: But I had a great time and have now fallen in love with CCV, the whole resort, dive op, the easy shore diving 24/7. It is a true diver's paradise! I can't wait to go back.

For now though I guess we will be BH divers!

robin:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom