Thinking of a Turkey Weekend Dive...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RonFrank

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
November, and December are weird times of the year. Everyone is stressed out. Things are suppose to be good, but Holidays add some pressure.

I'm thinking of the next trip (as always) and looking for feedback on a dive maybe the weekend following Thanksgiving at the Hole.

Thoughts? If it is a popular idea, I may try to organize something to give folks some time to plan. If not, I'll be down there sometime late Nov/early Dec in any event, but I always need a buddy to split gas, and to dive with (less so to dive with! :rofl3:)

I know this is a bad time of year to do things outside of the family, so if most are doing family stuff, that is very understandable, and I'll just never talk to any of you again! :D

I may be up for that. I'll be up in Denver for Thanksgiving (Thursday) with family and could leave from there Friday morning. I can't commit for sure at this time.

I'll be retired then and "hopefully" have more free time to dive:D so I guess which specific weekend doesn't make a lot of difference :wink:.

I'll know more when I return from Bonaire. :mooner: :crafty:

Might as well try, try again.

I'm interested, let me check into it...

Roak

Might be possible for me.

I am changing gear a bit... have a BP & Wing and some other "DIR stuff" on the way. Been reading some DIR propaganda. Might actually have a new setup by then which will need playing with. Lets say that Kevin and Jason and the Brothers (Tom and Shawn) may have rubbed off on me a bit. And YES, Ron, I have checked out your rig too. Even Rick was looking rather trim while spotting me last time. Must be his BPW!

Will let you know. Still nursing my leg from the last time. It turned all kinds of nasty colors or purple. (yes, called DAN and went to my DOC, just strained my hammy is all... doh!)

Cheers,

Justin

That "might" work. Will that be the week after? I'm out the first weekend with class stuff.

Lets say that Kevin and Jason and the Brothers (Tom and Shawn) may have rubbed off on me a bit.

Justin
Dude, you can wipe that stuff off...... :rofl3:

Maybe I'll make it this time! :D

Dude, you can wipe that stuff off...... :rofl3:
Yeah but I wiped it off and it still made sense...:popcorn:
So I found it elsewhere and even bought the JJ book.

Made even more sense.

Even found a local instructor for the GUE Fundies class... DOH! Crap!

No... seems like it will just make me a better diver. That part is TBD.:D

Cheers,

Justin

Made even more sense.

Cheers,

Justin

Rob Calkins' Fundamental class if fast paced, but very good. The first night is orientation where he hands out kool-aid, erm.. I mean red bull. :D

Made even more sense.

Cheers,

Justin

Glad you're getting the bug! It's great stuff and WILL make you a better diver!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom