Think You've Got Problems??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Man Ann Marie that thing is creeping me out. It is even creepier how well it can hide. I'd have to burn it. I have goosebumps on my skin now.

I tried to warn her.. but no.. .they don't have bristles... nope...nothing to worry about there... maybe next worm she gets she will listen...

:rofl3: I listened! It's funny, my friends boys were standing right behind us because they were really hoping to see it. I told them, if I saw the worm they better be able to move faster than me because if they didn't, no matter how much I love them I would mow them down in my efforts to get away from the darn thing! :D

I think that I'll probably never find the worm. I'm guessing it will probably die tucked into it's nest in the middle of some rock sitting out in the sun. The only way I'll probably ever know for sure if that thing is dead or not is that I'll be able to have soft corals again.

Boiling would be a good idea, but it'd smell up the house. I could boil outside (camping stove) but I've got nice pots and I sure wouldn't use the one I boiled in again. :)

Can I give the fire command yet?

PLEASE - PREETY PLEASE!!!!

Two thoughts:

1. It's somewhere in the filtration system.
2. Get an icepick and completely probe the live rock. When you hit something squishy...

What an awful job. I have a few aquariums and have kept a reef before. I even had a mysterious coral eating critter, so I know what you are going through. (Mine ended up being some species of crab though and not a sea monster.)

Can you repost the original picture? For some reason it isn't showing up in your first post.

What an awful job. I have a few aquariums and have kept a reef before. I even had a mysterious coral eating critter, so I know what you are going through. (Mine ended up being some species of crab though and not a sea monster.)

Can you repost the original picture? For some reason it isn't showing up in your first post.

PM it too him. It's too scary too look at again. :D

:rofl3: I listened! It's funny, my friends boys were standing right behind us because they were really hoping to see it. I told them, if I saw the worm they better be able to move faster than me because if they didn't, no matter how much I love them I would mow them down in my efforts to get away from the darn thing! :D

I think that I'll probably never find the worm. I'm guessing it will probably die tucked into it's nest in the middle of some rock sitting out in the sun. The only way I'll probably ever know for sure if that thing is dead or not is that I'll be able to have soft corals again.

Boiling would be a good idea, but it'd smell up the house. I could boil outside (camping stove) but I've got nice pots and I sure wouldn't use the one I boiled in again. :)

If you're going to kill the rock of why not put it in a tank of fresh water. That should pull that big nasty out.

If you get the thing out, chop it into 4 inch pieces and send it to me. We pay US$20/lb for polychaete worms to feed our broodstock shrimp. It's the "magic" food that makes the females and males "dance" and produce a lot of babies.

637820561_6SDqB-M.jpg

That ugly spider got posted twice.

A couple of weeks ago I was diving in Cabo and looked behind me and saw a tiger shark (yea me!). This worm freaks me out more. Priorities, man.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom