Things you've found under water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cappyjon, sounds like you found the party cove from way back in the day.......LOL!! Probably nothing like Lake of the Ozarks raftups but wild as hell for it's time.

Pacific Ocean:

Numerous weight belts (abalone freedivers)
a few mask/snorkel combos
A brand new spring loaded lobster bag
Old crusty spear guns
A fishing pole

Lake Tahoe:

A few old bottles (one really old)
Many fishing lures and spoons
A few pairs of sunglasses (one Oakley)
A vintage brick cell phone
A big Malboro beach towel (has become my favorite dive towel)
Probably 50 golf balls
And a few anchors

Found a CD with some kid's english paper on it once. Just chilling out on the reef; teacher probably never believed "the ocean ate my homework".
And while sitting in the hot tub at a state park, i had a ten euro note pop up. No idea how it got there, but i love free money.

A car... with a woman who had been missing for 4 months. I was passing by a marina and they saw my dive gear on the boat, called me on the marine radio and asked to dive a channel into a yacht club to locate an obstruction a boat hit. They told me they thought it was a tree or a log. The dive was complete zero viz, id'd the car by touch. At least the family got closure.

george foreman grill and a house thermostat in lake ontario!

I found a bicycle, a shopping cart, masks, fins, and once I found the front fuselage of an RC plane off the beach. :)

A car... with a woman who had been missing for 4 months.

What was the water temp and what shape was the body in? They say frigid water (like Tahoe) has preserved some bodies

Lots of sunglasses, masks, fins...Alway just one... damn it, keys, cell phones, shoes, a pair of male striper pants ( Velcro sides for fast removal I guess), towels, CDs, $5, $20 bills, two wallets, full beer bottles, jewelry including a $1000 mans wedding ring, ropes, lots of misc stuff and a couple of anchors.:D

anchors.jpg

anchor2.jpg

travisdude...If I didn't know better, I would wonder if you were cutting them off the boats!!!!! Man that is a lot of anchors........

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom