Things you've found under water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lets see......... Bottles,cans,guns,ammo,hub caps, flashlights(6), speargun, coins,rings,bracelets,earrings,fossil teeth, pipes,arrowheads,spear points, miners lamp, canoe,bikes, vw beetle, 22 ingots of brass( 22 lbs each), cash register( no cash) :shocked2: , and a brass porthole. Did I miss anything :rofl3:

While most of my stuff is small time, it is still fun to look!

~25 # of lead weight
2 snorkles
3 compasses (2 on the same day laying side by side)
weight belt complete with 25 # (student just lost it, so i had to go get it)
hundreds of shark teeth

I found this off of Alhambra Beach in Venice Beach Florida.

front2.jpg

Found At Mansfield Dam Park, Lake Travis:

- Blackberry w/ case (dead, been there a while)
- anchor (caught in a cable, I cut the rope and hauled to shore)
- rod / reel (nothing fancy, cheap)
- marjuana pipe, blue glass (i threw it out to deeper water, so that another diver may find it
someday)
- Prada sunglass (like new, womens)

This was all on a single trip, last October 2008.

* of course, nearly always find old lures, fishing line, and beer cans/bottles - misc. trash.

I just discovered that the shallows ringing my island are filled with antique bottles. I was never interested in old bottles, but I have recently started collecting. The internet makes it pretty easy to identify a lot of them. So far I have found old ceramic ginger beer bottles (3) from around 1900, old patent medicine bottles (most date from the 1880s to the 1920s), an antique perfume bottle from 1885, a ton of old wine/beer bottles from the 1920s, a blue glass Milk of magnesia bottle from 1955, and a bunch of other. This has been a blast collecting them.

for mikerault:

Looks like a nice piece of fossil bone. Cannot tell size from picture, but that area of FL had a lot of megafauna including mammoths and giant sloths. Dino fossils would be 60 ft underground if any. Fl museum of nat history in Gainesville may be able to identify. Book by Mark Rentz "Fossiling in Florida ", has lots of pics to allow the amateur to identify fossil bones of different species.

I have found a lot of small fossil shark teeth in the water off Venice beach and sieved lotsw of fossils one day in the Peace river in SW FL. These included lots of rib secrtions from extinct Dugongs, flakes of mammoth teeth, a nice megalodon tooth.

Have fun. , the identification of what you have found adds a new dimension to the collecting. MK

sorry, I didn't see the caption on the picture. Nice mastodon jaw piece. MK

Yep, UofF did the id for me. It is about 14 inches at its largest dimension. Good thing I had a 35 pound lift BP/W on!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom