Things you've found under water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i love reading this forum! the strange things and stuff people come across on their dives.
amazes me!!!

i have small list of things i have come across.
- 20 euro note, found this in the middle of no where at 22m, just my luck i had to get the first round of beers...

- dive knife, exactly the same as mine, had to check that i didn't lose mine before getting to excited...

- found a pair of socks, but each one was found in a different spot, about 30-40m away from each other...

- my favorite thing though is probably the coin i found, i was diving on the Queen Zenobia in cyprus, doing some penetration when i saw a little round disk so i picked it up and put it in my pocket... turns out its a 50cent coin from Yugoslavia 1977(i think) im pretty certain it went down with the boat... and 22years later it was still sitting there.

i hope my list grows, and i hope i find some more strange things :p

My buddy and I were diving a small quarry and found a gun safe. We returned with a lift bag, floated the safe over to the bank and broke it open. Empty. We figured someone stole the guns and ditched the safe.

My buddy and I were diving a small quarry and found a gun safe. We returned with a lift bag, floated the safe over to the bank and broke it open. Empty. We figured someone stole the guns and ditched the safe.

We pulled 3 gun safes from Tallinn harbor last year during Project Aware clean-up! Of course all were empty! :depressed:

That's funny that you found a fishing pole. I was diving with a buddy in Monterey and at about 80` found a deep sea fishing pole - bout 10 feet long. My buddy decided to bring it up, so he carried it for another 20 min or so until the end of the dive! It's good to get rid of some of the trash out there.

First Ready Diver I want give you a warm welcome to Scuba Board.

I also found this fishing pole near 80' and it was also a deep sea pole. I also carried it back to the boat as it was in working order. However there are some conflicts in Okinawa, Japan with the Japanese fisherman. So I gave the fishing pole back the the fisherman sort of as a peace offering. Who says the junk you find can not help all divers?

Found in Ginnie Springs 4/09 :gold wedding band,diamond earring,gold loop earring,4 .22 bullets,cheap gold plated necklace,silver loop earring,piece of turtle shell, $0.66 change,snorkle keeper all on 1 dive !

I found a bunch of sparkplugs on my last dive...

We did a reef cleanup on Sunday (for Earth Day) and it was mostly cans, bottles, and plastic cups. The coolest thing I found was a joker playing card. Because it was plasticized, it was in perfect condition. If I would have found the whole deck we could have played a few hands of poker.

While most of my stuff is small time, it is still fun to look!

~25 of lead weight
2 snorkles
3 compasses (2 on the same day laying side by side)
weight belt complete with 25 # (student just lost it, so i had to go get it)
hundreds of shark teeth

montyb, est age of the copper drinking mug? Might have been from a voyageur.

When diving with our DPV's we found a 155mm shell from WWII off of the runway lights of Kadena AFB Okinawa, Japan. The second photo is of a pot? It is 18inches long but hollow through the center. The final photo is of me with the DPV.

Attachments

• P5021958.jpg
    P5021958.jpg
    211.3 KB · Views: 236
  • P5021960.jpg
    P5021960.jpg
    302.5 KB · Views: 215
  • P5021961.jpg
    P5021961.jpg
    198.4 KB · Views: 223
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back