Things you've found under water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

While I am new to diving, I am the designated freediver to retrieve potatos when our spud guns run out at the lake. A few dont make it across the cove we play in and its only 25 feet deep.

Okay my list.....

52 golf balls.. one site ...one dive.... clean up at local popular dive site...
6 pack of Heinikin...or however you spell it..... unopened...
Tennis ball...
Suntan lotion botle...
fork...
yeh some other thing that shall remain unstated

recovered a mens platinum wedding band with my metal detector in about 40 ft of water. That was last summer. About a week ago i placed an ad on craigslist.com to see if i could locate the owner and a reporter contacted me from Boston. I spoke with him and he is using my story/find in a bigger story he is writing and it should be running this weekend. They even sent a photographer to my house.

Stephen Klink sits in his Hillsdale, N.J., home Monday, March 27, 2006, as he holds up a solid platinum wedding ring that he found in 30 feet of water off Cape Cod, Mass. Klink recently posted a note on the Boston-area Craigslist Web site, hoping to find its owner. (AP Photo/Mel Evans)
281_ring1.jpg

A solid platinum wedding ring that Stephen Klink found in 30 feet of water off Cape Cod, Mass., sits in Klink's Hillsdale, N.J., home Monday, March 27, 2006, along with other objects that he has found with his underwater metal detectors. Klink recently posted a note on the Boston-area Craigslist Web site, hoping to find its owner. (AP Photo/Mel Evans

281_ring2.jpg

Many golf balls
A plastic oar
My binoculars (lesson learned)
A soft weight belt
A seaplane anchor
An old clay pipe
A big rat's nest of monofiliment with baited hooks
Lots of antique bottles
Lots of broken china
A porpoise skeleton
A dive flag w/o float
A broken marine head (with resident lobster)
A cod fishing jig
Lots of lures
Lots of trash (a good use for my extra pocket)
A shopping cart
During a training dive at a pond, I found a mask my AOW instructor lost the previous year

First find was a golf ball - and that was GREAT!!!
The Next year an anchor with full line - AlRight!!!.

This thread tells me it only gets better!!!!
Can't wait - btw - which year do I find the merrmaid?

I've found the usual dive related equipment, such as dive compass, weights which were obviously there for several years, brand new cars as well as old ones. The more interesting items were live .50 caliber bullets from a WW2 aircraft with the steel links still attached. Also live bombs from the same. And this isn't from the ocean, just a local lake!!

Have you contacted the local lake patrol about this? They might want to have military EOD divers come and detonate these things in place. Old munitions become so unstable that they can detonate on their own. A careless diver could never be seen again.

FD

the normal golf balls, small anchors, some bottles from early 1800's, lot's of lures, weights, old pair of swimming goggles, bikini bottoms with live girl swimming in them --NO TOP!! NO JOKE!! I don't know who was more suprised me or her!:D

Back
Top Bottom