Things you've found under water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok, I have one! On the Adolphus Busch wreck in the Middle Keys, I found a tombstone on the deck. I showed it to my Hubby and our dive partner. We later found it a guy who loved diving had some friends who sank the tombstone on the wreck when he had a diving accident and died. The sad part was this was the 2nd tombstoen. Some sicko stole the first one.

I found a bottle from the 1700's in Charlotte Amalie harbor when I was helping to set an anchor for an expected hurricane. It's round on the bottom and has writing that helped identify it.

I found two UK1200 dive lights once diving on the YO-257 off Waikiki on an early morning dive. Freshly dropped the night before.
20 years ago or so, my current wife found a landing strut off Boca Raton from a drug plane that splashed-and-crashed trying to avoid the DEA. No one ever admitted to finding the aircraft itself though. I guess someone knew how to keep quiet about their treasure trove.

For a few hours after Hurricane Wilma came through Key West, we went out to find 80% of our little island underwater. Does that count? So that would include our F-150 and Pontiac GrandAm. (you must laugh, or you'll go crazy with all our hurricanes) I found a cast iron skillet while cleaning up U/W @ Fort Zach. My Hubby found a folding lawn chair on the Adolphus Busch in the Mid Keys and he found a ScubaPro snorkel yesterday. Diving right after a hurricane usually provides some interesting finds.

catherine96821:
I found a bottle from the 1700's in Charlotte Amalie harbor when I was helping to set an anchor for an expected hurricane. It's round on the bottom and has writing that helped identify it.
We pulled into Charlotte Amalie back in 1726 taking a break from sinking the French and Spanish, and I remember dropping a fine bottle over the side during the celebratin'.
Shiver me timbers, I thought I'd seen the last o' that crystalline beauty.

syringes- gotta love urban diving
misc bottles
3 outboard engines
misc small anchors

Child, I wish I would have thought to have kept a list but I can remember the best:

a bunch of cameras and masks (usually returned to owner on the boat I was on cause I am honest)
boat load of weights,sinkers, fish hooks, and I would be rich if I could convert to $$ the amount o********#@** monofilament fishing line I have retreived from reefs (another story) all over the place

Knives, clothing

artifacts-1715 era pottery, a spike that holds the wooden ship toghether (1715) BALLAST STONES ( I love these)
Shells (nobody was living in them at the time)
beer cans, bottles, spam cans, quarters, golf balls

I love to dive for treasure and atifacts. I am like a little magnet or something when it comes to finding stuff. Patient and blessed and a bulldog and a bird dog who knows? I enjoy it and I usually find interesting stuff.

Hmm....
Tons of fins, masks, snorkels and weights....
An 57mm Autocanon shell
two bikes
a car
an trash van
a loaded gun from WWII
a sunken submarine
a gun used in a murder
a dead body.. not that fun!!!

Other misc

Fun post to read.

Things I have found: Gun [turned over to police] lead ball, bunch of lures and flashers, many masks, fins,weights, knives and lights. Seem to just replace the ones I lose.:D Many old bottles, radar dish and junk.

Best by far was new wreck. I was diving a wreck I have been told about. It was a old wreck that had been down for many years. As I dropped down my anchor line the wreck came out of the gloom. And sitting across it in the middle was a new wreck. It was a 30's or 40's Chris Craft. I now have the search light and running lights from it. Apparently while being towed to a dock for repairs it sank and was just written off.:14:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom