Things you've found under water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

On a dive for shark teeth my buddy found a six inch tooth that was a fake, right after that I found a twenty. That paid for dinner at the dock. Lots of anchors, lures, and an earring. Another buddy found a perfectly good camera with good batteries.

I once found a fin (one) with initials and a phone number on it. I called the phone number and the person who lost the fin came to retrieve it from me. I received a case of Corona as a reward.

While scalloping in the 6 foot of water in the Gulf, off of Crystal River we came up to find a swimming Kitten about 1500 feet from shore( must of fell from a dock) very lucky. Also on verious local dives/snorkling trips in the rivers and springs I found a five gallon milk jug (old) lots of old bottles(purple glass) a snapper lawn mower about 12 miles west of Homossassa Springs Florida in 15 feet of water, it may still be there. several fishing poles worthless, just a plain white toilet seat, 2 rusty keys on a brass ring.

One functioning dive computer under a dock in 15 feet
Probably around 450,000 golf balls (it was a job for a while)
Probably 3000 spiney oysters (it was also a job)
15-20 golf clubs
a golf cart
4 dropped spearguns
1 lost oxygen deco bottle with regulator
a silver spoon
at least 10 pole spears
at least 20 weight belts
a really cool roach clip on a set of keys.
A 50 dollar bill.
a one dollar bill
a dead diver
around 10 catch bags
2 gear bags
10 masks
fins
snorkels
many dive knives
many nice pairs of sunglasses
at least 400 lbs of lead fishing weights
Lots of fishing lures
at least 25 anchors and rope
a starboard cutting board
outriggers
6-10 lobster nooses
a lens cover for a 15mm nikonos lens
Probably 10 fishing poles
a full fishing tackle box
a stolen car
a cell phone
2 dead turtle skeletons
a number of gaffs
5-8 spun boat props
a sun shirt for my wife
a few brass things from old wooden wrecks
about 150 antique wine bottles in one area in a single lake
a full, lost scuba tank
a rechargable dive light
2 non rechargable dive lights
a duffle bag rigged as a lift bag

What an appropriate handle! Tell us about the dead diver listed in the middle of that list. (I still say my Coast Guard Cutter, as attached to the anchor I found is the biggest find of all.)

I found:
Manta BQ
10 fishing poles
$48.00
1 bottle vodka
dive knife
leatherman
docking pole
4 flashlights
golf balls
4 chairs
1500lb anchor
12 shovels
four dock carts
two comm radios
one cell phone

ItsBruce:
What an appropriate handle! Tell us about the dead diver listed in the middle of that list. (I still say my Coast Guard Cutter, as attached to the anchor I found is the biggest find of all.)

Actually the handle is pretty appropriate now that you mention it. The diver was a friend who never surfaced after a group dive. He had been run over by a boat.....

A 1500 lb anchor! Wow, what was that from and one can only assume that it's still where you found it?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom