Things you've found under water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Once I found a lure and it still had the fishing line attached so I followed it to a fishing pole and the fishing pole was in a pole holder (down rigger) that tore off the back of a boat, I was able to follow the cable and get the weight as well. :>)

DiverBuoy:
Just found a single scuba pro jet fin (small sized) in South Crescent Laguna. It appeared damaged on the top of the footpocket - likely why the diver lost it. We left it.
To find the owner, you might go back out and look for a kid swimming in circles.

Just found a clear Corona beer bottle yesterday with a baby octopus in it. He thought he was hiding from us!

That cinches it. I keep threatening to start diving my marina just to see what I can find. Maybe I'll do it this week. Now the big question. How unwise would it be to dive alone (my kid/dive buddy will be in school). The last time I went diving alone, he broke his leg aboard a speed boat and had to sit the entire summer out of diving. So, I'm kind of hesitant to dive alone ... but how much trouble could he get into in school. BTW: the marina is 12 feet deep.

1950's Pepsi Bottle is my "gem" to date,
sunglasses,
mask,
old fishing tackle box with sinkers,
wine bottles,
broken plates,
tires,
beer cans and other garbage
metal folding chairs,
tables,
metal pushcart (used my dive buddy's lift bag to retrieve it in an attempt to get it out of the water but it was so encrusted with Zebra mussels that it was too heavy to move out of the water once we'd lifted it from the muck.)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom