Things you've found under water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lets see a couple of weights , a mask , plenty of lures , anchor and a few 30mm rounds .

please tell about the body

During a surface interval, we found a small canister floating about a half mile off shore and brought it on board. It still had a legible label which identified it as the cremated remains of an 82 year old woman who had passed two years prior. Apparently, her family had not considered the watertightness and buoyancy of the canister when they had their burial at sea. Our boat had a moment of silence and we respectfully completed the job after our second dive.

I have found a gold and jewel encrusted urn with sealed remains. We thought we found a treasure box till we brought it to the surface and found the funeral card which was held the previous weekend and honored a sailor who always wanted to be returned to the sea.

I've found a wrist dive computer, a pair of $300 Prada brand sunglasses, a $20 bill twice, a bucket filled with cement, 2 anchors, more masks, snorkels and fins than I'll ever be able to count, nice metal compass, 1/2 dozen knives, gun shells, a billion lures, a reel, a first aid kit case empty, integrated weight pouches complete with lead, hard weights, clippies clasps and snapons of all manner, 2 dive lights - both flooded, a prop, golf club with the wooden part broken off, golf balls, couple of bikini tops, hair scrunchies bands and barrets, bottles, bottle caps, a non-waterproof digital watch with metal clasp band, and an oxygen mask.

Most items had been down a long time - nearly encrusted all over.

Steelslinger, most of the time we find bodies after people consume alot of the hard stuff and then think they can go in the water. But a couple of the things that got me out of going after bodies for S&R is the kids that fell in water and couldnt keep up with the river. Sad very sad! The drunks I can handle, especially the drunk that went Ice fishing with a pile of wood to keep him warm. He started a fire on the ice and sat next too it to fish and drink 3 bottle of wiskey. We found him still with bottle and fishing pole in hand. Really shouldnt be funny, but it was in a sick sort of way! Its amazing how quickly cold water and alchol cause drownings.

fishing pole. anchors. mask. a few snorkles. lots fishing gear....
small fiberglass boat..... a torpedo......
the normal stuff

I am taking OW cert classes now but I have spent a lot of time snorkeling in a bay in Lake George that is commonly used to raft boats together for summertime partying. I have found many towels, t-shirts, sunglasses, etc that have fallen overboard. The average 15-20 foot depth makes this possible.

My very first unofficial dive was with a good friend who spent a lot of time reviewing basics with me and then took me down to about 15' to experience the thrill of diving. On this 15 minute dive, I found a radio that had been lost the week before by a volunteer fireman and a couple of feet away, a 12 inch life-like dildoe!!!! My friend promptly christened it the "meat whistle". I showed off my prize and then returned it to the deep. The radio went back to the volunteer fireman.

Needless to say, I immediately signed up for my OW cert classes!

I hope I didn't step on any toes or violate any rules with my story....:280:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom