Things you've found under water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jon C:
Well, I can't top aquamar but would love to have been on some of those dives!

My cache from Southern Cal shore dives and Channel Islands...California, that is...

Broken up kayak
Pager...Like in the Corona commercials
Remote control boat...."Daddy, let me try it now!"
Brand new rod and reel...."Daddy, let me try it now...I promise I won't lose it like the boat".
Frisbees
4 Masks
3 Snorkels
2 non-matching fins
Nemo toy
Brand new knife and scabboard
Knife by itself
Golf balls
Zeagle weight pouches (large pair w 18lbs of soft weights)
Ceramic anchor thing shaped like a fish
Power Ranger doll
A large rib bone...hopefully not human.
Assorted blankets, towels, clothing...no I didn't keep those.
Small boat anchor
Post a pic of that rib and I'll tell you if it's human or not.

Jon C:
Well, I can't top aquamar but would love to have been on some of those dives!

My cache from Southern Cal shore dives and Channel Islands...California, that is...

Broken up kayak
Pager...Like in the Corona commercials
Remote control boat...."Daddy, let me try it now!"
Brand new rod and reel...."Daddy, let me try it now...I promise I won't lose it like the boat".
Frisbees
4 Masks
3 Snorkels
2 non-matching fins
Nemo toy
Brand new knife and scabboard
Knife by itself
Golf balls
Zeagle weight pouches (large pair w 18lbs of soft weights)
Ceramic anchor thing shaped like a fish
Power Ranger doll
A large rib bone...hopefully not human.
Assorted blankets, towels, clothing...no I didn't keep those.
Small boat anchor

LOL you found Nemo!

Ive found Knives, weights, a Guess Watch, old bottles, an old glass canning lid, a 1920's era tea cup, a diamond earring (1/16 of a carrat), some really cool shells, lots of coal(which make great X-mas gifts).....oh yeah.....while diving the lower Niagra river last year I found a hand......it turned out to be a plastic hand...but at 50 feet in a 3 knot current.....you better believe it scared me for a second...now I put the watch on it and stick it in my Beer cooler to scare thieves away...

on my last dive I found a $50 dive knife like new somebody in canada is mad

once found a jacket complete with wallet, visa cards and cash..... took the effort to find the owner who was very surprised to hear from me - he lost it off the side of a boat.

found an orange faced Doxa dive watch. Threw it in a drawer someplace. Read my first Clive Cussler novel and realized I had Dirk Pitt's watch. Went to look for the watch and haven't been able to find it. (20 some years).
Figure it'll turn up someday.

almitywife:
once found a jacket complete with wallet, visa cards and cash..... took the effort to find the owner who was very surprised to hear from me - he lost it off the side of a boat.

It amazes me divers find something like this where you can trace it back to the owner. You wish you could capture the expression on thier faces at the moment they hear you say that.

NJDevil:
It amazes me divers find something like this where you can trace it back to the owner.QUOTE]

I once lost my dive knife and got it back 8 months later via another diver... i like to think of it as a karma thing.
LSL

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom