Things you've found under water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I found a brand new anodized aluminum pointer in Cozumel. After the dive I politely asked if anybody on the boat had lost it. A woman walks over and says “oh, I like that, I’ll take it” and snatched it out of my hands and clipped it to her BC. I was speechless.

Last year, I found an iwatch in a lake. Sold it and paid for the trip.

I found a brand new anodized aluminum pointer in Cozumel. After the dive I politely asked if anybody on the boat had lost it. A woman walks over and says “oh, I like that, I’ll take it” and snatched it out of my hands and clipped it to her BC. I was speechless.
And you say “oh, I was going to check the shop” and take it back…

Yikes, what a ****.

Usually when dealing with lost goods, I'll ask the person to describe the item to me, such as the unique feature that can't be easily guessed. "Did anyone lose an iwatch" "holy **** dude, I just dropped mine!" "Alright, what color is the wrist-band?" (it was green) "white" "you're such a liar" "no dude, I really lost it, give it back!" "if you did, it's another iwatch. now go away, unless you want to get the cops involved"

Quite often, when swimming back to my boat people in party-boats will (jokingly) claim to have lost various items, like iphones, Ray Ban sunglasses, etc. I usually avoid engaging too much, or telling anyone if I found anything valuable.

I have actually returned 1 iwatch & 1 cell phone successfully so far. I also found prescription glasses, surfaced, asked the nearby party boat and found the woman who had just dropped them.

When preparing for our third annual cleanup, I found an old hubcap under one of the docks here in Marquette. The same dock where I found the car doors panels, light etc. Could be from the same vehicle. Here's a short video about our activities.

Just this past Sunday I found a large bottle of Barcardi Gold. It appeared unopened and it should have stayed that way. Smelled like rotten eggs.
But, I picked up my trash for the day.

Also found a steak knife once but didn't really know what to do with it so I left it there.
Some people use steak knives as dive knives because they’re so cheap.

Does anyone know what spieces are the shells from the top row? I find those in Greece but cannot recognize them. I know the ones on the bottom row are sea urchins. Are those some kind of sea eggs? Somebody tells me they are sea urchins as well, but the shell is too different.

Attachments

• IMG_20210706_151426_652.JPG
    IMG_20210706_151426_652.JPG
    110.4 KB · Views: 48
top ones are sand dollars

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom