Things you've found under water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A Yacht in 20m of water, fully rigged [sails up] stores etc intact, we had a good look through it [2 in the water, safety diver and boat coxswain in a Zodiac] ,Chowder Bay Sydney 1986, I was posted to the Navy diving school at the time [on the same headland in Sydney Harbour] so had to report it, after we had a GOOD look, we all took turns.
Would have been fun to keep as our little secret and re dive it, but not to be with 4 divers ' in the know.'

Nothing that exciting, in the ocean Beach towels, 5 or 6 boat anchors, dive gear, ect.
But while volunteering for underwater clean-ups in private lakes or San Diego bay @ USS Midway.
Lots of flip phones, i phones, Bicycles, razor scooters, lawn chairs, guns, ammo, cameras. BUT no real Trea$ure!
Plus it's always zero vis, and kinda creepy.
Good Divin, Be Safe.
SoCalRich

Again diving in Sydney Harbour [ about the same time as above] we found what was left of a Lee Enfield 303 rifle .
After WW1 and WW2 a few returning Australian servicemen were know to toss their rifle in the harbour before stepping ashore after the horrors of war, just happy to be home.
It was given to a local RSL [Returned Services Club] not much left of it but enough know the weapon.
As a side note, I was "hit" by a Numb Ray on that dive, nasty things , not fun :Underwater Sydney - Numb Ray
Edit: Typo

Screen Shot 2020-11-11 at 12.53.06 PM.png

Finally after all these years of diving, some actual treasure.

Quite a bit of gold and silver over 20 years, I average about a kilo per year, some years more. Found quite a lot of historic wrecks including an 18thC Ottoman Turkish ship which was full of stuff, including 600kg of silver coin(I didn't get them) Oh, and last week a WW 2 German helmet with a human skull (presumably associated) laying right next to it...

Quite a bit of gold and silver over 20 years, I average about a kilo per year, some years more. Found quite a lot of historic wrecks including an 18thC Ottoman Turkish ship which was full of stuff, including 600kg of silver coin(I didn't get them)
Where was this?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom