Things you've found under water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

top ones are sand dollars
Type of sand dollar called a sea-biscuit. They are in a lot of ways intermediate between sea urchins and the regular flat sand dollars.

Yesterday, myself and my two regular buddies had a good day at our usual lake. It was cloudy with not many boats out so we were able to get to some of our favorite treasure hotspots. Our haul included: two heavy gold necklaces, one heavy silver necklace, one gold men's wedding band, six (yes 6) apple watches, a Gopro, along with the usual anchors, fishing pole, junk jewelry and bottles. The best find was my friend's clay jug in great condition. We were also flagged down to find a lost set of car keys. We were able to find them and save the guys day. Then we were flagged down to recover a ladder that had fallen off a dock. Again we we successful.
If you or anyone you know swims or dives with a Gopro or Apple watch, put your contact information on it. It's amazing how many we have found over the years. If we can, we return them
Scubaboard 1.JPG

I found a Flexofold sailboat propeller
That someone didn't tighten properly...
It was sticking out of the zebra mussels on a bit of a sand bar. When we where doing a drift dive...
It's even got the barcode on it. And there is zero wear on the teeth.
I don't have a sailboat so maybe someone is interested in buying it. Looks like it at least 2500$us new
$_59-6.png
$_59-7.png
If anyone is interested these are the specs on it.

16in x12p LH propeller
17spline 28mm dia.
Will fit Volvo or yanmar saildrives

Frustrated tailor flung them into the water....
What tailors aren't frustrated? A sewing machine getting suck, breaking a thread, or tangling is a regular occurrence at least for an armature like myself.

Once when I was still a Navy Diver, while diving about 2 o'clock in the morning in Long Island sound looking for some missing pieces to a Submarine which had hit bottom, in the middle of this vast flat, sandy area I found a lump of coal. It was just sitting there all by itself. I searched an area of about 150 yards by 150 yards. Just a flat sandy bottom as far as I could see and 1 lump of coal which after 20 years I still have in my own little diving museum.

Oh! You finally found my long lost Christmas present!

Some good finds from today, 3 of the corked bottles still had liquids in them. Not sure how to identify the wood pieces.

Attachments

• B0E8FC0E-483D-4F8B-8634-3487D4A07F48.jpeg
    B0E8FC0E-483D-4F8B-8634-3487D4A07F48.jpeg
    98.1 KB · Views: 82
  • 8851449C-7891-4CC5-A8A4-C2FE32E8AA29.jpeg
    8851449C-7891-4CC5-A8A4-C2FE32E8AA29.jpeg
    123.6 KB · Views: 84
  • 0BF2C427-1109-41F9-A0FF-AF5CCF1AAC90.jpeg
    0BF2C427-1109-41F9-A0FF-AF5CCF1AAC90.jpeg
    110.6 KB · Views: 92
Some good finds from today, 3 of the corked bottles still had liquids in them. Not sure how to identify the wood pieces.

The bottom photo could be a top portion of a sliding door. Usually from a barn or a factory that might have had it on a fusible link to act as a fire barrier.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom