Things you've found under water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dude!

you're like hexed for life now... wow... that's some serious voodoo hoodoo

did you break a mirror on the way back from the dive site, just for kicks?

:eyebrow:

Now that you mention it, things did go down hill a bit afterwards...... My partner decided to become a nurse, I got sent to Iraq, had my station switched when I got back, I obliterated two disks in my back, and my wife bought a cat for the kids........ I feel like a Social Distortion song.....

see?

Set of Dentures
I know old thread but just had to add this.
Last night I was diving a quarry that a friend of a friend just bought. He wants to fix it up for training. So we went to see what the heck was in it.
I personally didn't find anything interesting ~ 10 shopping carts, 5 bikes, beer cans/bottles. But my buddy found a set of dentures. We spent the rest of the dive looking for the owner of the dentures. Never did find him though.

I own and operate a diving service in Baltimore Harbor. One day a sweet old lady (that lives on a houseboat) calls and says "I need you to come look for my teeth, I think I dropped them in the water." The important word here is "thinks." I explained to her that I had to charge her $200 to look for them and since she didn't even know for sure if they were in the water, I couldn't guarantee I'd find them. She said she understood but she had to try. Afterall it was going to cost her a couple thousand dollars to replace them.

I went down to the harbor (under her boat) and swam around for about 45 minutes looking for those teeth. Mind you, Baltimore Harbor is not exactly easy search diving (low low vis, entanglement hazards, environmental concerns etc...,) never-the-less after those 45 minutes I was convinced her teeth were not there. The vis that day was good on the bottom (about 1 - 2 feet) and I could see pretty well. I apologized and told her that her teeth were not down there but that I would say a prayer for her that she would find her teeth... I was certain of it. I said but to help her out I was going to knock $100 off the price... only charge her $100.

By the time I got back home my phone was ringing. It was poor old Ms Benson. When I picked up the phone she said "hello Ken, you're never gonna believe this." I said "what's that Ms. Benson, did you find your teeth?" She said "would you believe it - Lee (a local guy that rides his by bicycle all over town) found my teeth in the middle of Boston Street!

So OK, it wasn't a true find in the water, but a good diving story none the less. Remember the power of prayer... not only were the teeth being found a miracle, but it was a miracle they were not run over in the middle of Boston street... a heavily traveled road. It seems she had gone to the grocery store and they must have fallen from her pocket on the way back to her boat!

Happy Diving... and remember to do a good diving deed today!

DNK:
Set of Dentures
I know old thread but just had to add this.
Last night I was diving a quarry that a friend of a friend just bought. He wants to fix it up for training. So we went to see what the heck was in it.
I personally didn't find anything interesting ~ 10 shopping carts, 5 bikes, beer cans/bottles. But my buddy found a set of dentures. We spent the rest of the dive looking for the owner of the dentures. Never did find him though.

In California, we always found gear down the beach from where all the open water divers did their cert dives. The worst thing I found was on a clean up dive of Lake Travis in Austin, several Maxipads that somebody had thrown into the lake. YUCK!!!
The coolest thing I ever found was a loaded money clip. No ID, just cash. Now for real stuff, the boat captain of my charter in St. Thomas had an amazing collection of coins, cannon balls, muskets, etc.

to date I have found four human bodies, one very old panel delivery truck half filled with mud, and ford mustang(coupe), 5 anchors, a lead weight, broken up dive boat, mask, three snorkels,and wrist mount compass, an old olympia beer unopened,lots of lures and fishing line,a large commercial dive net snagged on a reef in hawaii,a room key that was dropped just minutes earlier by another guy on the dive,socks,shopping carts,masonry blocks,lots of emplty beer bottles,fishing pole,canoe,tennis shoes,trash of all sorts.

I've found all kinds of useful rubbish!

loads of 2 and 3 pound weights
A compass (right after I bought a new one)
A UK mini Q-40 (right after I bought one)
the wrist portion of a Uwatec Aladin Air 2 wireless air integrated computer (it was in serious deco)
sunglasses
reading glasses
some small notes (a $10 and a $20)
masks
single fins (never a pair!)
snorkels
and once, a little pink girls bicycle (i have photographic proof!)
Oh, and a palm tree after hurricane Georges

_Bella_:
all kinds of useful rubbish!

that's a fine oxymoron :eyebrow:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom