Things you've found under water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

in perfect condition, but rusted completely

looks like a .357

This weekend: A stop sign (complete with bullet holes), and one of Uncle Pug's treasured boat anchors (but I can swim away from them, unlike U.P.)

On the first dive of the weekend, I found 2 fishing rods about 6 lures, 1 ice fishing spud. So I guess that paid for my air fills. On my first ow checkout dive I found my instructors flashlight that she lost about 2 weeks previous to that. If it wouldn't have been hot pink it would have matched my gear nicely.

A millstone 8' across. No, I did not try to recover it :10:

mello-yellow:
A millstone 8' across. No, I did not try to recover it :10:

Let me tell you what fella - your gonna need more then a 50 lbs lift bag, believe me.

I'm not sure if we have met, but let me introduce myself. My name is LIT, but my friends call me LIT. And I am currently on tour in the US giving Lift Bag demonstrations.

And it's just so happens that I will be in the Framingham area to put on a demo on May 31st . . . So I would love to meet up with you to show you how to use a lift bag properly.

An 8' millstone you say hmmmm,
Well, with my patented Lil' Lift Kit © Copyright 2005 that I sell for a mere $129.00, not only will I show you how to lift it, but how load it into the back of your truck all at the same time.

Ok, what I need you to get me for the demo is 22 - 100 lbs lift bags, and a 12 pack of Pabst Blue Ribbon, and a bag of hamsters . . . . I'll explain the rest when I get there.

LIT

This weekend I dove Shark Pit and finally found some stuff.
1.) Mag Lite, not completely filled with water. Rinsed it off, had to use the spare bulb, and wala!! IT works...now I need a new rubber button and reflector :)
2.) Since Shark Pit is an Old WWII Army Dump. I uncovered a stash of 50 Cal loaded shells. I brought a few up. Kinda a pain to take apart but one looks pretty nice now!!

Lil' Irish Temper:
Let me tell you what fella - your gonna need more then a 50 lbs lift bag, believe me.
Really? I thought I just needed lighter gas in the bag! :05:
And it's just so happens that I will be in the Framingham area to put on a demo on May 31st . . . So I would love to meet up with you to show you how to use a lift bag properly.
Um... May 31st was YESTERDAY. Are you still around for the next few days? Or is the answer "yes, but it involves a time warp, a 12 pack of Pabst Blue Ribbon, and a bag of hamsters"?

mello-yellow:
Really? I thought I just needed lighter gas in the bag! :05:

Um... May 31st was YESTERDAY. Are you still around for the next few days? Or is the answer "yes, but it involves a time warp, a 12 pack of Pabst Blue Ribbon, and a bag of hamsters"?

Duh - The bag of hamsters is for the bag of cats . . . Come on, Do I have to think of everything :D

toodive4:
Well, where to start? I have found many things. Things include fishing weights and lures, flashlights, cameras, a weightbelt, a spear pole, and lots of other stuff, but the best story I can tell is this one... Once while diving off the coast of Ocean City MD, I noticed a fishing rod and reel on the bottom in about 110 feet of water. As I swam towards it, it seemed to be moving away from me in short spurts of a few feet at a time... mind you there were no fishing boats in the area on this day... so it must have been in a the water for at least a couple of days. Eventually I caught up to it and to my surprise found that it looked fairly new... there was only the slightest degree of rusting on the reel and the line was still off into the blue. Suddenly I felt a tug - and I realized there must be a fish on the other end somewhere off in the blue. I began reeling in the line and much to my surprise I found a large Sea Bass on the other end - struggling but still alive... It was also about this time that I realized I had no idea where I had gone... and which direction back to the boat was... I took out my knife and set the fish free... he seemed to be doing fine as I swam away... I reeled in the line and began an ascent holding the rod and reel and praying that I was in a somewhat reasonable vicintity to my boat. I surfaced to find I was about 50 yards from the boat and the surface conditions were not the best (about a 6 foot swell.) I had no belief the boat could see me and I was struggling to keep eyes on the boat. I decided the rod was not worth keeping and would be a pain to try to do compass navigation back to the boat while holding onto the rod. I decided to drop it back to the depths with the hope that some other person may one day strike gold... I'm not sure if anyone believed my story or not... but it doesn't matter... I know I saved a Sea Bass and that's all that matters to me...

Ken, your such a nice person, setting the fish free!

See you sunday,

Barclay

My partner and I were doing a fun dive. Vis was about 3 inches and I found a small bundle with blond hair and a little hand coming out. I examined the item in situ and then recovered it according to our department’s SOP. As we opened the swaddling, we saw-to our relief, it was a doll, partially burned and wrapped in faux gold chains. Later, we found a knife bound in a gold chain and amber bracelet with a wedding ring attached to it. Weird dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom