Things you are (almost but not really) ashamed of doing while diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Your spirit animal is….a Pekingese puppy.
(Mod edit). But I think you along with other miss the point. The thread was not supposed to be centered around me. But about other people experience. Can't help if some are only interested in controversies. I would have preferred reading other people stories than ad nauseum and useless comments.
Yours fall right into this category.

40 m is not always the seabed although it can be. Downcurrent is irrelevant to the post as it can happen anywhere at anytime and at any depth. I have plenty of gas, my buddy is watching me and I am watching her. If a down current happens, I (theoritically) know how to react but I have never experienced down currents yet. And I have never noticeably experienced narcosis.

Downcurrent is very relevantand I'll explain why. First, because you haven't planned to go deep, nor see your dive partners with you nor following a plan. When I dive places where the seabed is deeper than thirty minutes, my partner and I plan what to do in the event of a downcurrent.
Your buddy watching you hasn't been briefed oh what to do and is obviously unprepared.
Those drops to forty are handicapped in many ways.

I'm unsure why you're arguing with what is considered excellent advice or at least good practice.
Not my advice. I mean from others.

The thread was not supposed to be centered around me. But about other people experience.

Not buying that for a second, mate. I think there was plenty of opportunity to lead the conversation away from yourself but instead I read continued rationalization of your choices against the wisdom and advice of more seasoned divers. Not once have you paused and yielded that you may not be as smart as you think.

(Mod edit
)

Downcurrent is very relevantand I'll explain why. First, because you haven't planned to go deep, nor see your dive partners with you nor following a plan. When I dive places where the seabed is deeper than thirty minutes, my partner and I plan what to do in the event of a downcurrent.
Your buddy watching you hasn't been briefed oh what to do and is obviously unprepared.
Those drops to forty are handicapped in many ways.

I'm unsure why you're arguing with what is considered excellent advice or at least good practice.
Maybe because that was not at all the point of this thread. But you are right. I become safer day after day :)

Not buying that for a second, mate. I think there was plenty of opportunity to lead the conversation away from yourself but instead I think you chose to continue rationalizing your choices against the wisdom and advice of more seasoned divers.

New spirit animal….peacock. Can’t really fly but likes to fool others by spreading your forum plumage.
Buy it or not, I could not care less. Digressing is the favorite game in SB. Now, one piece of advice. If you don't like it, don't read it. That should not be difficult? Should it be? I don't read your threads and I live perfectly without.

Dodi has a point. He asked for our dirty secrets. Er sorry, I mean guilty pleasures.

Mine is that in the early days, a guide encouraged me to stroke a moray eel. I've never felt anything as fantastic as that and would love to do it again. But I never will.

(Mod edit). But I think you along with other miss the point. The thread was not supposed to be centered around me. But about other people experience. Can't help if some are only interested in controversies. I would have preferred reading other people stories than ad nauseum and useless comments.
Yours fall right into this category.
Respectful note to the mods. Sorry but I am not the one who started the name calling and his two are still online.

People pay astronomical amounts of money for counsel which usually is the advice of a single individual.
Here, on in the forum,we are presented with abundant advice based on training and experience yet still insist on an elementary attitude.
I'd even go as far as to say that perhaps those individuals at some point relinquished the privilege of advice and should be overlooked.
People are spending time helping you. Time being a very finite asset.

People pay astronomical amounts of money for counsel and usually the advice of a single individual.
Here, on in the forum,we are presented with adjuvant advice based on training and experience yet still insist on an elementary attitude.
I'd even go as far as to say that perhaps those individuals at some point relinquished the privilege of advice and should be overlooked.
People are spending time helping you. Time being a very finite asset.
Hell is paved with good intent. I value a lot of comments here. From Ginti, Blackcrusader, Boulderjohn, Edward 3c to name a few. Some and specifically personal attacks, I despise. Unfortunately, not all comments have value or are meant to do good.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom