Things I've learned along the way

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would exchange it becuase it should not create the side boob if fitted properly. I do love the wash bag, it keeps my she fits nice while washing & drying.
I might try one size larger. Based on my band and cup size I fit into three different sizings. I chose medium. Luxe is the next size up. I'm buying via amazon so they're easy to return. It would be nice not to reach behind me to fasten the bra.

I might try one size larger. Based on my band and cup size I fit into three different sizings. I chose medium. Luxe is the next size up. I'm buying via amazon so they're easy to return. It would be nice not to reach behind me to fasten the bra.

I am Luxe as well, after trying both the Ultimate and the Flex Sports Bra, I will always order the Ultimate in the future. The girls stay cozy with the Ultimate rather than the Flex. The Flex seemed to dry faster, yet the straps would fall in a different place on my back compared to the Ultimate.
Love love love having the hooks and zipper in the front of the bra. Always careful with that zipper next to my skin trying not to recreate the scene from Something About Mary when Ben Stiller gets his beans & franks stuck in a zipper. :giggle:

I am Luxe as well, after trying both the Ultimate and the Flex Sports Bra, I will always order the Ultimate in the future. The girls stay cozy with the Ultimate rather than the Flex. The Flex seemed to dry faster, yet the straps would fall in a different place on my back compared to the Ultimate.
Love love love having the hooks and zipper in the front of the bra. Always careful with that zipper next to my skin trying not to recreate the scene from Something About Mary when Ben Stiller gets his beans & franks stuck in a zipper. :giggle:
I ordered the Luxe and already received it. Believe it or not, it's too big - or something! It's the right width across the front, but when I tighten it up I get these weird gaps in the back straps near the band - and in the front, even when it feels tight enough, there's a gap on the bottom. I guess this isn't the bra for me. I really love the idea of it though! Maybe this is a sign that I need to keep stretching those tendons, ligaments and muscles I use to fasten my bra in the back? :wink:

I ordered the Luxe and already received it. Believe it or not, it's too big - or something! It's the right width across the front, but when I tighten it up I get these weird gaps in the back straps near the band - and in the front, even when it feels tight enough, there's a gap on the bottom. I guess this isn't the bra for me. I really love the idea of it though! Maybe this is a sign that I need to keep stretching those tendons, ligaments and muscles I use to fasten my bra in the back? :wink:

You never fastened your bra in front and then pulled it around to get it on? Hell, that’s what I learned growing up and it’s so much easier. I’ll sometimes unhook in a back to get them off but that’s in.

Something bra related I just thought about. You NEVER wear an underwire bra when drysuit diving. Sports bra with no wire only. Seems to have taken some women only once to learn no underwire the hard way.

You never fastened your bra in front and then pulled it around to get it on? Hell, that’s what I learned growing up and it’s so much easier. I’ll sometimes unhook in a back to get them off but that’s in.
Remember we're doing VERY different kinds of diving! You wear a bra underneath one or more layers under a drysuit (and I can imagine an underwire would be awful!). I'm wearing a sports bra as a swimsuit top, and it's the only thing under my wetsuit. So it needs to be full-support and coverage. The bra I'm talking about can't be put on, fastened and then turned to the back. (pic for reference - but that's not me!!!). You put it on over your head and then fasten in the back. I know - it's quite a contraption - but once it's on it's great support and coverage.

1663454164180.png

I wear Goddess sports bras. Full coverage - but no wires. They do have hooks and eyes in the back.

Hope it’s okay for a guy to chime in. My wife swears by Born Primitive
Men are always welcome to participate on anything I post - can't speak for others. I looked up Born Primitive and while they're something I'd like to be able to wear, I can't. They don't fasten in the front, side or back, and I have had to say goodbye to all of my pullover bras because they hurt my shoulders too much. I guess it's an age thing? Or a shoulder thing? I've had moments when I couldn't get all the way in or all the way out of one of those contraptions! But their stuff is fun looking (LOVE the backs of some) and looks like some probably provide great support.

Men are always welcome to participate on anything I post - can't speak for others. I looked up Born Primitive and while they're something I'd like to be able to wear, I can't. They don't fasten in the front, side or back, and I have had to say goodbye to all of my pullover bras because they hurt my shoulders too much. I guess it's an age thing? Or a shoulder thing? I've had moments when I couldn't get all the way in or all the way out of one of those contraptions! But their stuff is fun looking (LOVE the backs of some) and looks like some probably provide great support.
You wear a sports bra while diving? I'd not heard or knowingly seen such a thing. Interesting. I just wear a bikini top and bottoms that may or may not match. I think my favourite matching suit is a kids/teens set from a sporting goods store. Size 14 or 16. Good for the ego. ;P

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom