Thermaxx or Aquaflex?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

poolecw

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Guys, I'm looking for a new suit to replace my Harvey's farmer John and shorty. (Hand me down from my dad).

I've narrowed it down between the Henderson Thermaxx and the Aqualung Aquaflex each in 5mm. Most of my dives will be in quarries near Chattanooga with some occasional trips to Florida beaches.

I know alot of the decision will be personal preference. But does either of these suits have any known design issues that may be a concern? I'm leaning towards the Thermaxx due to the lining and also the 10 warranty.

Thanks.

I really like my thermaxx, 5ml, it fits well, very stretchy, not as soft/easily damaged as my aqua lock. The fleece lining makes it easy to get on and off. The fabric at the bottom of the zipper separated, sent it in. Back in ten days with a new one. I’ve sent several, of my Henderson in for warranty, all of them no questions asked. I think my aqua lock is a better suit, warmer, soft as butter, but easier to damage.

if you're doing quarries up there, I would highly recommend look at going up a bit warmer than 5mm, or at least getting a good hooded vest with both.... I dive an O'Three 6x5 in similar type quarries

Thanks guys.

My buddies use a 5mm but will add a good in the early season

Last edited:
tbone gives good advice. But, I have to say I kind of wish I had never bought my 7mm wetsuit. My 5mm is totally comfy, to me. My 7mm is just that much thicker (same brand, model, and size of suit, just 7 instead of 5) that I hate wearing it.

I would rather have just put the money from the 7mm towards a drysuit. Nowadays, if I need more than 5mm, I always go for just wearing my drysuit. I don't know why that extra 2mm makes SO much difference, but it does (to ME).

tbone gives good advice. But, I have to say I kind of wish I had never bought my 7mm wetsuit. My 5mm is totally comfy, to me. My 7mm is just that much thicker (same brand, model, and size of suit, just 7 instead of 5) that I hate wearing it.

I would rather have just put the money from the 7mm towards a drysuit. Nowadays, if I need more than 5mm, I always go for just wearing my drysuit. I don't know why that extra 2mm makes SO much difference, but it does (to ME).

don't get me wrong, I HATE 7mm wetsuits. So happy my 6x5 has 5mm arms and legs, just stating that a 5mm may be fine, but you're probably going to want a hooded vest for diving those quarries....

Back
Top Bottom