There may be a third ferry between Coz and PDC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

driftwood

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I heard about that. But given current traffic, I find the concept of a third ferry economically unsustainable. I will believe it when I see it.

At 60 pesos, which ferry would you take if the other options are 163 pesos? Assume similar boats.​

I will believe it when I see it.

I'm with you. Although the new company's boats have reportedly been delivered and the Playa del Carmen mayor has given them a lease for a ticket booth on the Playa side, I still think those boats might mysteriously sink in the dark of night.

At 60 pesos, which ferry would you take if the other options are 163 pesos? Assume similar boats.

But it isn't really 163 pesos (on Ultramar) or even 146 pesos (on Waterjets), at least not for island residents. That 60 peso fare is still less than the discounted fare residents pay, but only by by less than 2 bucks. It would still be an important saving for locals who need to travel to and from the mainland frequently, though.

And seriously, I'm taking whichever ferry is next irrespective of the fare. It wouldn't be worth it to me to wait to save 103 or 86 pesos even from full fare, let alone the 24-peso difference (on Ultramar - I don't have a receipt showing the Waterjets Plan Local price) from the discounted fares.

The new ferry will probably go the way of the new port. When was that suppose to open? 2012 or so? It looks nice but of course there are no boats in there.

The new ferry will probably go the way of the new port. When was that suppose to open? 2012 or so? It looks nice but of course there are no boats in there.
I would doubt that. There is no open water pier at the new marina and the channel into it is much too narrow for a ferry to pass through.

I meant it wouldn't happen not that the ferry would pick up there.
Ah. That's very different, isn't it? Never mind. :D

But I believe that the new marina will eventually open.

I would doubt that. There is no open water pier at the new marina and the channel into it is much too narrow for a ferry to pass through.

I assumed sarcasm and was amused. Hope that was correct.

And I assume it will eventually open too. As I have been since '09ish.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom