Theft - is it a problem in Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Indeed - and IIRC, the insurance covers absolutely nothing unless you have the windows rolled up and the vehicle locked. See Article 8, item number 9.

http://www.abcarrental.com/reservations/terms_conditions_en.html

We have used this option twice, without incident. First time it was a free upgrade from CDW only if you rented their diesel engine truck, last time it wasn't a free upgrade but we chose the option for just those reasons - US$0 deductible. And, our Visa and MC accounts don't cover truck rentals with their insurance offerings.

After hearing about the AMEX insurance option, I signed up for that via my Fidelity AMEX card (never had an AMEX before since I didn't see paying for a card when I could get MC or Visa fee-free), and I'm going to use that on my upcoming trip to Curacao with my truck rental from Hertz. Hertz confirmed this was an acceptable alternative, and offers a DDW insurance package on Curacao similar to AB Carrental's Full Insurance on Bonaire.

https://www152.americanexpress.com/fsea/travel/car_rental/product.do

Glad to hear the news of the Bonaire beach patrol - I hope it's a success!

That sounds great...Im still in the planning stages but am definitely going sometime this year! I was hoping to go again for 2 weeks,but that looks doughtful now?
The continental flight from houston was a godsend!Prior to that travel from the west coast was brutal!
I spent my honeymoon there last year with my newly certed wife (thanks NW Greatful Diver)It was a real treat to share that with her-(she had never been to the tropics)

What week/s are you going to be there?

It's funny-I used to have a long list of places I wanted to travel/dive too.Now i just find myself jonesing for Bonaire.My dream is to retire there someday.....:D
PBD is bad..someone posted a nice slideshow the other day..its ruined me!:huh:

Herman-any experience with Lagoen Hill? It looks nice and the price is even better!

Sorry for the hijack..

Drew

July 7-15.

Don't know anything about Lagoen Hill but it's on island, how bad can it be. :)
I know the feeling on the long list. Mine now reads AAAA, Boniare,CCCCC, Bonaire,DDDDD..........

23 days and counting. Look out Liz the Texas Scubafarians are on their way.

In Jan 2006 we stayed at the GRI. One of our friends had moved our truck from out front. Since we all had the package deal we all had white trucks. The next morning when we got up we loaded the truck out front with empty air tanks to swap out. Come to find out it wasn't our truck after all, it belonged to the people staying next door to us and they weren't even divers. Our neighbors were kind enough to agree to take them back to WannaDive for us. Of course we followed them and helped them unload the tanks. I don't think they expected 7 of us to go through 35 tanks the first day. After that WannaDive kept more tanks out there for us. I hear Karpata calling my name.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom