The Ultimate Mask - Beuchat Maxlux S

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My Xmas gift came early today, fits very well, bit of shock it's Lime green, I suppose it will grow on me [like mold, fungus and other green stuff] it's the colour of a tree frog FFS.
Keep telling yourself fit is everything in mask.

Provided that you regularly reach only about, say, thirty meters, the appearance of that troublesome lime green mask will be eliminated by depth and water's absorption of that color.

It's all good . . .

Provided that you regularly reach only about, say, thirty meters, the appearance of that troublesome lime green mask will be eliminated by depth and water's absorption of that color.

It's all good . . .
It's OK, I was just having a laugh [the wife bought it for me], the red or pink ones would
"be eliminated by depth and water's absorption of that color" starting at 6m , green not so.
Colour in water.jpg

It's OK, I was just having a laugh.

I too was having a laugh . . .

Ultimate mask?

definitely not for divers who require optical lenses

Bought the mask just out of curiosity. Tusa Ceos Freedom fits my face quite nicely and I have that at hand so I'll compare to that. Maxlux has softer silicone, partly because the silicone is thinner, but maybe it's a bit softer anyway. Maxlux feels narrover when donning, but soft silicone helps to fit the mask nicely to my face.
FOV of the Maxlux is very nice.
The only notable thing is that the strap is quite short. With Tusa I have about 1.5cm spare on both sides (that's something like 3/13 apples in Imperial units).
On Maxlux there's no spare at all! That's something to think about if you have big head and thick hood.
Anyway, nice mask with reasonable price.

Revived this topic:
I now use this mask as my primary and back up .
I love this mask.
Just hate the fact I have a "shed load" of masks twice the price that do the job, but not as well.
Works around my old grumpy fussy face.maxlux-s.jpeg maxlux-s.jpg
It was a big surprise to me .

In an early post I said I was down to 4 masks, not true, found 10 in the garage alone [not counting the two above in my dive bag], like rabbits in the dark,how many is in the other rooms, shed etc?
Out of all them [I could find] the two above and these are 'keepers' Hollis M1 and Scubapro Synergy Hollis M1.jpg scubapro mask.jpg

Check the mask and see whether it has a pin on the strap keeper that is metal or plastic. If it's metal (stainless steel) it should be good to go. If it's plastic, it could break at an unexpected time.

SeaRat

The only one with SS is the Hollis M1, I have never had to pull the straps enough to break the pin, something to think about though.
Check the mask and see whether it has a pin on the strap keeper that is metal or plastic. If it's metal (stainless steel) it should be good to go. If it's plastic, it could break at an unexpected time.
Edit: Usual typos.

SeaRat

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom