The Ultimate Mask - Beuchat Maxlux S

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Maxlux doesn’t fit me. My wife has one but it didn’t seal on my face, not even close.

Fancy ones in general don’t fit me. Frameless masks with a single glass tend to have smaller nose pockets, so if they seal they crush my nose and if they don’t crush my nose they don’t seal. Low volume masks also tend to dig into my brow.

So, I always end up with the most generic, common looking masks in the store. My pocket doesn’t mind though - and my mum says that my nose has “character” and she wouldn’t lie to me about that!

I have an Apeks VX1 and have to pull it down or the nose pocket leaks a bit. Didn’t realise that it could be due to the frameless design making smaller nose pockets?

The XDeep frameless has an oversized nose pocket.
The fit of this mask is very good, and well made.
Nose pockets has never been a problem, as I have a small 'pug', broken 5 times [could be more], not very pretty nose.
Facial hair is a problem also , the Hollis M1,M4 and the XDeep seal better than most I have tried, the SP Solo comes close, but not as good.
Diving this week again with the XDeep [and M1 backup], I will report back.

You either need to drink less or learn to keep your hands up
Funny.
Martial arts for 50 years, first break wrestling, 2nd Judo, 3rd Jujutsu, 4th Kyokushin Karate [first grading], not one boxing boxing or Wing Chun [so the hands were up] and the worst break, a water polo ball to head and a elbow also playing water polo .
Never knocked out but the brain box has rattled a few times.
No wonder I am as "ugly as a robbers dog".

Also , grappling [the first 3] you get hit [by accident, not] by elbows, knees, head , forearm and shins.
Such fun.

Tried this mask and for me, it was a fog machine. Gave it the usual multi dive trial run of just defog, tooth paste scrub + defog, and burning + defog. All to no avail, was like diving at a Grateful Dead concert lol. Good fit though. Back to my trust standby Mako mask.

Tried this mask and for me, it was a fog machine.
Off topic. Use this stuff X 4 times.
Gear-Aid-Sea-Buff-Dive-Mask-and-Slate-Cleaner-Drops.jpg

Funny.
Martial arts for 50 years, first break wrestling, 2nd Judo, 3rd Jujutsu, 4th Kyokushin Karate [first grading], not one boxing boxing or Wing Chun [so the hands were up] and the worst break, a water polo ball to head and a elbow also playing water polo .
Never knocked out but the brain box has rattled a few times.
No wonder I am as "ugly as a robbers dog".

Also , grappling [the first 3] you get hit [by accident, not] by elbows, knees, head , forearm and shins.
Such fun.
Judo player here, only got to brown belt, and high school and college water polo. Never got my nose broke. Couple of black eyes though.

I'm trying to picture how you'd get it in judo. Heel to the face when your opponent was going for a juji gatami? I'm on the other side of the globe, but if I ever get close enough I'll buy you a beer and you can tell me about it.

That stuff MAY work, but I tried it once on the boat, using it as a defog agent. Huge mistake! Maybe it works as an initial step before defog is applied?

It isn't a defogger, it's a mask glass cleaner used to remove the protector film from mask glass.

Diving this week again with the XDeep [and M1 backup], I will report back.
Gave the 2 Beuchat Maxlus s to my wife's teenage grand kids, gave up on them.
Now it is a Hollis M1 and a Hollis M4 as a backup, best fit for my fuzz face [ works well on a face like a smacked arse ].

Back
Top Bottom