The Ultimate Mask - Beuchat Maxlux S

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I returned mine after trying it on. Too narrow for my face with a constricted view. The CrystalVu is way better. Waste of $15 in shipping from a different city. Best to try in shop and buy.

The XDeep Frameless mask is the best I've ever used, and I've tried many. Virtually leakproof, comfortable, and spectacular visibility up-down and side to side. A truly superior product, the only mask I've used for two years now. Not a hot name brand, but most name brand masks are just labels. About $100, and worth it.

The ultimate mask is the one that fits YOU.

Everyone's face is shaped differently, so different people will have different ultimate masks.

I stand by my comments since I've put my Maxlux S on 20+ divers and not one has had a leak, with the usual caveat of the mask being properly adjusted .
I'm assuming people with different shapes to their face. To have a mask to serve a variety of face shakes would be a major boon to a dive center.

All I'll say is that I used them in the Middle East, so they were subjected to v high heat (+45C 120F in the Summer) and high UV. They would be outside All weekend every weekend for diving, and no treated gently. None of my 4 Beuchat masks have had an issue and they've been lent to students who aren't the most careful. I used to be an aerospace materials engineer so have a bit of knowledge of plastics and am sure that John is over hyping a problem which doesn't exist on the Beuchat Mask
You are probably right, as I was referring to a specific Aqualung mask which broke on me. I have a whole collection of masks, and prefer the ones with stainless steel buckle pins.

SeaRat

Masks-1 by John Ratliff, on Flickr

The XDeep Frameless mask is the best I've ever used,
Going off topic,
Bought the above mask to try at a good price.
What's a new mask between friends?

$58 US , $92.50 AU posted.

The Maxlux doesn’t fit me. My wife has one but it didn’t seal on my face, not even close.

Fancy ones in general don’t fit me. Frameless masks with a single glass tend to have smaller nose pockets, so if they seal they crush my nose and if they don’t crush my nose they don’t seal. Low volume masks also tend to dig into my brow.

So, I always end up with the most generic, common looking masks in the store. My pocket doesn’t mind though - and my mum says that my nose has “character” and she wouldn’t lie to me about that!

The Maxlux doesn’t fit me. My wife has one but it didn’t seal on my face, not even close.

Fancy ones in general don’t fit me. Frameless masks with a single glass tend to have smaller nose pockets, so if they seal they crush my nose and if they don’t crush my nose they don’t seal. Low volume masks also tend to dig into my brow.

So, I always end up with the most generic, common looking masks in the store. My pocket doesn’t mind though - and my mum says that my nose has “character” and she wouldn’t lie to me about that!
You know, the old oval mask may be one you could enjoy. They work for almost everyone, and have years of proven use.

fullsizeoutput_2304 by John Ratliff, on Flickr

SeaRat

The XDeep frameless has an oversized nose pocket.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom