The Truth about Dive Paradise and the ScubaBoard Invasion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mossman, if you dont like the invasion setup, plans, ect, and can do better and know of better, then feel absolutely free to do just that. And quit your @#$%$& whining. Nobody said you had to be in love with it. You dont like how it is set up, then go somewhere else; just quit trolling this thread.

Well said Gdog.

Needless to say, Mossman you obviously missed the Invasion Cozumel trip this past June. I didn't.

I have dove with Dennis and Roxanne for years and I can tell you that they are both hard core divers. They would both rather be diving than being besieged with questions from 100 different Scubaboarders with issues about their rooms, dive boats and where to get the best Mexican food in Mexico.

They oversaw the negotiations with Bay Adventures, organized the boats, got donations from merchants and took care of countless other details we all took for granted.

If you were to ask anyone that went to the Invade Coz trip, I doubt that any of them would begrudge Dennis and Roxanne getting a "freebie". In fact I think most of us would not have had a problem if Dennis and Roxanne brought aunts and uncles along for free in light of how smoothly everything went.

As to Dive Paradise, they had enough boats to accommodate 100 divers with different skill levels. Their boats were on time, clean and staffed by polite and friendly crews. The dive shop manager called his dive equipment guy in to work on my wife's regulator rright before we went out for a morning dive. All he asked for was that we leave a "little something" for him. What more can you ask for from a dive op.

Let's cut to the chase Mossman, you didn't go on the Invade Cozumel trip last year, you never had any intention of going on the next trip which is probably a good thing. You would have a hard time fitting in with the other 100 of us that are there.

Hey Mike I've got two words for you: Ooha! Ooha!

nirmal-disco-dancer.jpg

Boy oh boy! The saying no good deed goes unpunished sure does apply.

I just find it so sad (this is my opinion only)that others are so miserable with themselves that they feel the need to tear things apart. Shame on you, but again that's what ScubaBoard is all about! The free internet forum to voice your opinion, toot your own horn, dis a dive op or host a great trip for those who wish to meet with old friends, make new friends and enjoy a great sport. Carry on! :D

I agree completely! What's with the negativity? If it's not your thing, don't go, very simple. I'm going to Coz in December and if I can coordinate/afford it with my June 2012 NC trip, I'll invade. Sounds like a good time.

I guess I'm also wondering, if this is really just like any other dive trip where the organizers get perks and freebies, why are these "Invasion" trips exempt from the Scubaboard rules that prohibit commercial advertising of trips except in the appropriate marketplace forum?

When I plan my trip will I be afforded the same courtesy as cardzard and ROXANNE, to be able to promote my trip daily in the Cozumel forum, free banner advertising, "borrow" a few of JLyle's photos without telling him, etc., just so long as I associate it with Scubaboard and give Netdoc a freebie so he shows up? Cool. I'll start planning right away. How does next May sound? We can call it "Scubaboard Incursion 2012".

Well, make sure you get a comp for NetDoc. If NetDoc chose to only accept advertising from DP and in return he got free diving, I guess he could. My point is fair, not fair or otherwise, and someone correct me if I am wrong, NetDoc can do whatever he wants. He 'owns' this right? He makes the rules. And if you organized a dive trip following whatever his wishes are, why not? (And if you let me buy a dinner ticket if I am there...)

Scubaboard DID allow LOTS of commercial content for the trip. I still wonder why it would have been a bad thing if Scubaboard even made some money? I don't get why everyone keeps saying SB got nothing like its important.

Again with the freebies and the comps: Do you go to your auto mechanic's house and see how nice is its to determine if you are getting scr#%%ed? No, you just compare his prices with another garage. Compare the 'service' you get on the Invasion with what you can get on your own and decide. If CZ got a free Bentley and Hagan Daz for life, who cares as long as you got the good deal you were promised. Heck I would rather know that CZ was getting 'paid' so I could feel free to ask for help with any issues. If he was doing it for free, I would have felt bad about bothering him.

I also think Moss is entitled to think it would be nice if someone did it for free and think that no one should get anything out of it. I don't agree with him that that is the way it 'should' be, but I think it is a legitimate opinion that shouldn't be called a troll. I mean this is the facts about the Invasion thread, so why should he not be be allowed to question that. Beside all the people talking about it and how great it was will drum up more business.

While it was awfully nice of Cardzard to post the comments and details he did, I really don't think it was necessary or anyone's business. When I book a cruise I don't ask whether the travel agent is getting a perk. When my dr. prescribes a drug, I don't ask if he's getting a kickback from the pharmaceutical company. If you don't want to be part of the Invasion then don't go. If you do, however, be thankful that someone is willing to put up with the hassles and headaches that come with organizing such a large event. It sounds like everyone had a great time last year - we arrived the week following it and the DP crew and hotel staff had nothing but good things to say about what a great group it had been. :wink:

I guess I'm wondering why you felt it necessary to drop in here and crap all over their event?
I guess I'm wondering what they were so defensive about that they felt it necessary to start this thread about "The Truth". So I asked for the truth, and in truth was told that they won't tell me the truth. So it got me wondering some more...

BTW, why are you here crapping on my crap?

Needless to say, Mossman you obviously missed the Invasion Cozumel trip this past June. I didn't.

Let's cut to the chase Mossman, you didn't go on the Invade Cozumel trip last year, you never had any intention of going on the next trip which is probably a good thing. You would have a hard time fitting in with the other 100 of us that are there.
I was on the island at the same time, but I prefer to dive with a better dive op, stay in better accommodations, and not dive with 100 other people, so yes, I obviously and purposely missed it.

It's hardly fitting in. My prior trip to Cozumel before this June's, we had a very nice meet and greet of 10 or so people and I got to dive with several of them. I've been closely confined with other divers on 11 week-or-more liveaboards, many 2-3 day local dive boats, and lots of group trips with or without dive shops, and have made friends most of the time, some lasting. I can hold my own just fine whether it's on the boat swapping dive stories, underwater riding currents, or at the bar drinking whatever. But if 3 is a crowd, 100 is definitely a crowd. No thank you. Nothing personal, but you can pay cardzard and ROXANNE all you want for them to run huge group trips, I'll do my own thing and have a fine time.

I guess I'm wondering what they were so defensive about that they felt it necessary to start this thread about "The Truth". So I asked for the truth, and in truth was told that they won't tell me the truth. So it got me wondering some more...

BTW, why are you here crapping on my crap?

I think Cardzard was trying to clear up misconceptions posted in a couple of other threads.

As to your second question, easy, because your crap stinks and mine doesn't.

Again in Moss' defense: Why is it wrong for him to suggest a trip endorsed by Scubaboard should be done on a volunteer basis and no one should get any freebies. That is a perfectly reasonable position to take relative to he beliefs about SB and organizing dive trips. It goes to his personal opinion on how Scubaboard and organizing trips should work. I don't think in this thread he did any trolling or crapping.

I disagree with him that it should or has to be done for free by CZ or whoever because it is a SB project, but its a legitimate point. I disagreed as did others, but I don't think stomping on him is called for. I think Moss made a respectful argument for his point.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom