the sweet spot

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just cannot hang in the blue for more than ten minutes

There's been lots of good advice in this thread. I'll just suggest that if a 10 min hang isn't doable for you, then deco diving really isn't for you. Even if you plan a deco dive for a 10 minute hang, there are lots of things along the way that can rapidly increase your planned hang time. Stayed an extra 2 minutes on the bottom? Now your hang is a little longer. Had a little snafu and stayed and extra 3 minutes on the bottom and then were slow ascending from the bottom? Now your hang starts to get longer. Lost your deco gas, lost your buddy, and now you have to complete your deco on back gas? Your hang just got WAAYY longer. Of course that last scenario is extremely unlikely, but as a deco diver, planning for contingencies is important.

I can appreciate your apprehension about doing the hang in the blue, it is often not the most enjoyable part of my dive. But if you're really that averse, then deco diving is probably something you shouldn't consider.

You start by asking where is the sweet spot, which presumes there is one.
There is not one.
You say you can't tolerate more than 15 mins deco. people have given you dive plans for how to mix depth, BT, and gas mix to yield no more than 15 mins deco.
You ignore that input.
What is it you are really looking for? You say you can't tolerate just being there in the blue.
Well, I can't tolerate your posting an absurdity and then blowing every attempt to help.
If you want to know about deco plans and how to adapt them to your personal constraints, then get the damn training.

Are you sure?
I cherished and engaged with every useful piece of advise on this thread. Maybe re-read for QC.

Not worth my time. You feel entitled to information without working for it. You are on your own.
Play with MultiDeco. It has all the answers you need.

There's been lots of good advice in this thread. I'll just suggest that if a 10 min hang isn't doable for you, then deco diving really isn't for you. Even if you plan a deco dive for a 10 minute hang, there are lots of things along the way that can rapidly increase your planned hang time. Stayed an extra 2 minutes on the bottom? Now your hang is a little longer. Had a little snafu and stayed and extra 3 minutes on the bottom and then were slow ascending from the bottom? Now your hang starts to get longer. Lost your deco gas, lost your buddy, and now you have to complete your deco on back gas? Your hang just got WAAYY longer. Of course that last scenario is extremely unlikely, but as a deco diver, planning for contingencies is important.

I can appreciate your apprehension about doing the hang in the blue, it is often not the most enjoyable part of my dive. But if you're really that averse, then deco diving is probably something you shouldn't consider.

That's for your input.
The very essence of this topic.

Maybe I'll attain the training for

Thanks for your feedback.
The essence of this topic - to garner experience.

Certainly worth attaining certification for greener-pasture dives.

You start by asking where is the sweet spot, which presumes there is one.
There is not one.
You say you can't tolerate more than 15 mins deco. people have given you dive plans for how to mix depth, BT, and gas mix to yield no more than 15 mins deco.
You ignore that input.
What is it you are really looking for? You say you can't tolerate just being there in the blue.
Well, I can't tolerate your posting an absurdity and then blowing off every attempt to help.
If you want to know about deco plans and how to adapt them to your personal constraints, then get the damn training.

Shuuuutaahp
Why so crusty

Read the thread again

I embraced all input

Please bow out of this thread

So what are you going to do?

Good question
Thanks
Just in the right time to be honest

I'm very likely to pursue decompression diving training for future dives where the decompressing profile suits me

And to further my knowledge of diving

Like most hobbies

It's a journey

Good question
Thanks
Just in the right time to be honest

I'm very likely to pursue decompression diving training for future dives where the decompressing profile suits me

And to further my knowledge of diving

Like most hobbies

It's a journey
Sounds good. The TDI Advanced Nitrox/Deco Procedures course would be a good fit.
Depending on your personal susceptibility to narcosis, there is a AN/DP version that includes some helium ("Helitrox Diver"), which is good for me below 40m but some don't seem to care.
I'll still suggest MutiDeco to start getting used to it; it is a major tool for planning the kinds of dives you wnt to do.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom