the sweet spot

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

But that’s not what the OP was asking at all.
Perhaps focusing on educating the OP on training options would make your post more valuable.
Without him being more specific on his goals, I can only speculate. As you can see, he's disappeared from this thread.

I would have to read my TecRec manual again. Nitrox/Advanced Nitrox should be covered under one c-card. Most recreational divers who want to dive deep, have done so, hence, which course do they take next. I know divers divers who have done the PADI tec trilogy, only to be limited to 55 metres.
The Open Circuit classes are Tec 40, Tec 45, Tec 50 (all without helium), then Tec Trimix 65, and Tec Trimix Diver (to 90m).
Those limits are training limits; how deep you actually dive is not up to PADI. A dive operator might set some limits based on certification, but 55m would be unusual based on PADI certs.
If you are referring to Nitrox/Advanced Nitrox in the TDI sequence, they each get a separate card.
The TDI sequence is Advanced Nitrox (40m)/Decompression Procedures or Helitrox (45m)/Extended Range (55m)/Trimix Diver (60m)/Advanced Trimix Diver (100m).

So, you can choose your training sequence as 40-45-50-65-90, or 40-45-55-60-100.
Today, many avoid the 55m TDI Extended Range air class as too deep for air, and just go to Trimix to get some helium.

Then there is CCR.....

As you can see, he's disappeared from this thread.
Look at his location. He went to bed.
Meanwhile, you've had 7 posts that don't really address where he is now (see his last post before "disappearing").

Look at his location. He went to bed.
Meanwhile, you've had 7 posts that don't really address where he is now (see his last post before "disappearing").
That's because I don't know where he is in his training or qualifications. And has he responded to your advice?

That's because I don't know where he is in his training or qualifications. And has he responded to your advice?
Perhaps we'll find out in the next installment, when his time-zone comes around again.
SB is global; it literally covers 24 time zones. You've got to put a 24h smoothing filter on the Qs and As to let everything catch up.

As well, there are people who only visit occasionally or have regularly scheduled events that prevent them from hovering like a spider all over threads on a forum.
Hopefully OPs plans do include some training or mentorship before proceeding as it is particularly useful to most to have an experienced guide through the learning process vs. winging it and hoping for the best.

You never bothered to read the first post!!!!!
Everything you had said so far was utterly based on your ignorance of OP qualification.
OW/AOW/Rescue/Nitrox 2006.

What I like to do is to do a deco stop not hanging onto a buoy, but balancing myself with my breathing. No matter how clear the water looks, there is always something floating, to give you reference. You would be surprised how many interesting things are swiming right in front of your mask, just if you look for it.
Not to mention how easier is to breathe balance yourself during "normal" diving, once it becomes second nature.

Yeah!!! I talk to these things all the time and people don't believe me they're there

Not the time one of them ran a metre of stingy tentacle along my upper lip between mask and reg, no talking then

People are funny, theyr'e all too busy racing to the next rock behind which is the next fish, ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom