The Second I Saw Him Breath Into His Reg On The Surface I Knew He Was Doomed...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Don't you use a snorkel in ice diving so that you don't have to breathe your regulator until it is submerged? I think this decreases the possibility of icing up your regulator.

There's no reason to use a snorkel. You're basically submerging through a hole in the ice. Breathe from the atmosphere as you get in the water. Once you're ready to descend, inhale (atmosphere, not from the reg), and descend. Begin your exhale once you've purged the gas completely from your BCD and drysuit ... by then you're mostly, if not completely, submerged. And by the time you need to inhale, you're going to be several feet underwater.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

...This video is as credible as seeing an experienced, active diver zip his suit up the back to front.

I'm sure that too would generate a lot of You Tube hits and might just make some money for the people doing it. Just as made up and just as much dollar chasing fiction.

Gah, why am I even watching a reenactment?!

Dude is creating condensation before the dive even begins - no wonder it froze. I suppose they all did it - considering all 4 of their regs froze.

and apparently they were not using cold weather sealed 1st stages? That's what the person said in the video near the end - That's just stupid...

Thoughts?

If this is in the wrong place - please move it :)

I live in the GWN. When the water up here turns hard then IMHO its time make plans for your winter tropical scuba vacation and get out the ski equipment.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom