The Scuba SNobs Guide to Diving Etiquette Book 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was excited to see someone pinned The Scuba Snobs' Guide to Diving Etiquette on Pinterest. At least Debbie said so. I'm not familiar with Pinterest. Anyway both Bopok 1 and 2 remain available in paper or e-book on most on line outlets.
DivemasterDennis

Thanks for the kind remarks and reviews over the past couple of months. I have been preoccupied with my cancer fight ( now 3 years and counting. Both books are still available o at most online stores, even if I have not been. Good Father's day gifts, in paperback of e book.

Recent review from Amazon:

Still funny, and just the right amount of arrogance! By kevindsingleton on November 16, 2015
More of the same from the Scuba Snobs. Interesting and funny stories emphasizing some of the worst behaviors of scuba divers around the world, and how to avoid becoming one of "those" people in the group, whether in, on, under, or even nowhere near the water.

Saw these on Amazon Canada might be of use:
Top Customer Reviews
5.0 out of 5 starsGreat book
By Kevin Butterfield on Aug. 7 2016
Format: Kindle Edition Verified Purchase
Great review of diving's unwritten rules, well written and funny. It should be required reading for every diver, both young and old!
By Sean Smith on Aug. 15 2014
Format: Kindle Edition Verified Purchase
New and Seasoned Divers will appreciate this, even if you already are a Scuba Snob, it's good for a laugh!

I have eyed these books for ages and finally broke down and bought them yesterday.

In all fairness, I have not read all of DivemasterDennis' responses on the books, but I was a bit disappointed that Chapter 2 in the first book suggests that only ocean dives count to qualifying as a scuba snob. I recognize all of the dayboat divers discussed in Chapter 3 from fresh water Great Lakes charters. Can us fresh water divers be snobs too?

Many thanks for writing these. Wish I had bought them years ago!

I loved the first book & definitely need to get a copy of the 2nd book soon. (Side note: I'm sorry to hear of your cancer fight. Wishing you all the best.)
Thanks for you nice thoughts. The fight goes on, into my 4th year. I'm a darling of the research community, and am beating the odds so far. Thanks for your support.
DivemasterDennis.

I have eyed these books for ages and finally broke down and bought them yesterday.

In all fairness, I have not read all of DivemasterDennis' responses on the books, but I was a bit disappointed that Chapter 2 in the first book suggests that only ocean dives count to qualifying as a scuba snob. I recognize all of the dayboat divers discussed in Chapter 3 from fresh water Great Lakes charters. Can us fresh water divers be snobs too?

Many thanks for writing these. Wish I had bought them years ago!
Sorry for the late response. When we are wrong, we are wrong. Great Lakes dives certainly qualify. The jury is still oput on the quarry and pond dives. Of course, pool dives will never qualify.
DivemasterDennis

Back
Top Bottom