The Scuba SNobs Guide to Diving Etiquette Book 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Recent review from amazon:
5.0 out of 5 stars More great reading about scuba diving etiquette, June 29, 2013
By
divemoreworkless -

This review is from: The Scuba Snobs' Guide to Diving Etiquette BOOK 2: ALL NEW Stories and Rules for Divers and Others! (Kindle Edition)
We've all heard the saying, "Common sense is not so common." Well, Dennis and Debbie Jacobson have managed to write another good book about scuba diving etiquette, which every diver should read and be aware of. Book 2 expounds upon Book 1 in the series and is again full of great tips, common sense and humor about the etiquette of scuba diving, or what etiquette should be. I surely recommend this book to all scuba divers.

By
BurningBright - (Recent review of Book 2 on Amazon.com)

This review is from: The Scuba Snobs' Guide to Diving Etiquette Book 2: All New Stories and Rules for Divers and Others! (Paperback)

Came across this as an e-reader book. It's a quick little self-published read that will be entertaining for avid divers. I live in South Florida and dive often, and have experienced some of the annoyances and dive-downers described in the Jacobsons' writings, which provide advice and guidelines for how to enjoy diving, as it is a very social sport with its own culture.
The writing can get a little "ranty" at times, but I kind of liked that. I laughed out loud at the part about the German tourist clad in saggy speedos. I nodded in agreement at the description of rudeness and uncouth conduct on charter boats. I think the authors should try and condense, and publish, a funny article in one of the mainstream Scuba magazines that are usually consumed by newbie divers who need to know this stuff!

Hey, Chapter 10 is pretty good.

[ Insert a big troll about some topic I know nothing about here. Kiss my ass. :wink: ]

Nice writing. These are so cheap as e-books, it would be criminal not to get them. Does Debbie post here on SB too, or just Dennis? Your relationship is as much a character in the books as you guys are.

Recent review from Amazon.com This review is from: The Scuba Snobs' Guide to Diving Etiquette Book 2: All New Stories and Rules for Divers and Others! (Paperback)

Came across this as an e-reader book. It's a quick little self-published read that will be entertaining for avid divers. I live in South Florida and dive often, and have experienced some of the annoyances and dive-downers described in the Jacobsons' writings, which provide advice and guidelines for how to enjoy diving, as it is a very social sport with its own culture.

The writing can get a little "ranty" at times, but I kind of liked that. I laughed out loud at the part about the German tourist clad in saggy speedos. I nodded in agreement at the description of rudeness and uncouth conduct on charter boats. I think the authors should try and condense, and publish, a funny article in one of the mainstream Scuba magazines that are usually consumed by newbie divers who need to know this stuff!

Love both of these books Dennis. Glad I read them when I went diving down in the Yucatan. Having a bunch of 5's and 20's was perfect for tips.

In the interest of being fair we are sharing all reviews, good and not so good. Here is one from a few weeks ago on amazon. Personally I think book 2 is better. It at least is longer!
DivemasterDennis

This review is from: The Scuba Snobs' Guide to Diving Etiquette Book 2: All New Stories and Rules for Divers and Others! (Paperback)
Good read but... the first one was better. Why? When you read the first book, you get the feeling that this couple is tired of other divers being selfish, rude, and annoying. The authors did a great job in letting out their frustrations through the first book. Very funny too. This book is more a tribute to the first one. I didn’t feel they portrayed the same funny frustrations they had from their first book. This second book was more instructional on how to behave while diving. The difference between saying, “One evening when preparing for a night dive, the big guy attached a tank light to his tank”, had this been the first book, it would have probably read, “One evening when preparing for a night dive, the beach whale attached a tank light to his tank”. These subtle differences are what made the first book great. It was honest, direct, and funny as doodoo.

Thanks for great sales this Spring. Our only paid advertising is here on Scuba Board. If you are a business related to diving in any way, please consider running an ad here. It's great exposure and supports this wonderful site. And...Father's Day is coming soon. A book (or 2) on Diving Etiquette to the diving father in your life????
DivemasterDennis

I am a little perplexed. Book 2 sells well in the UK and amazon UK vending islands of the Caribbean, but the only posted review on amazon.co.uk calls our second little book "rubbish." I know it's not to everyone taste, and we do use a bit of sarcasm thnt all brits will get, but is there anyone out there who got Book 2 on amazon.co.uk that liked it? It would be nice for you to post there or here. Even if you hated it, please post, and maybe give the reason why.
DivemasterDennis

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom