The rabbit hits the open water with the Omega Flip Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was on the dock watching this. I knew she was NOT having a good time. If I had gear on I would have been in the water. Not that it was overly concerning, I just know my buddy. She had her ears back and her fur up.

I was about to bend down and pull a soggy rabbit up out of the quarry. I was not a happy buddy. Of course, I was land locked at this particular time, so that goes without saying.
The water was warm enough for shorts and a t-shirt :wink: You opted to stand and watch me drown :no

I'm not THAT easy to get rid of :crafty:

OOOH! So much material here.

3 Hours
  • Time to run to campsite and scout for materials. 5 minutes
  • Time to drive to town and have pizza and beer. Hour and a half.
  • Time to drive from the road back to camp at a speed we won't be yelled at for. 20 minutes :D
  • Time to argue over who has to go in and save her. 45 minutes
  • Time for someone to suit up and dig her out of the dirt. 15 minutes
  • Time I have to get away while she gets out of her gear. About 15 seconds.

So...if you call yourself a dumb:mooner::mooner::mooner:, does that mean I won't get an ear thwapping if I call you one??? :blinking:

AHEM! :whack:
Ber :lilbunny:

Would the bunny feel comfortable recommending these for fairly new divers or for traveling? Looking for some lightweight fins, but functional. And with the variety of methods for ingress/egress from a dive (shore, boat, RHIB, etc.) maybe these would be the best compromise?

Are they worth the $150 (MSRP? Better pricing somewhere else?)

All I've dove with are my Jet fins, and my ex-g/f's Mares that didn't quite fit me right...

Your suggestions are appreciated!

Paul

Would the bunny feel comfortable recommending these for fairly new divers or for traveling?

OK, I will admit they look like they'd be potentially awesome for shore entries. Just don't tell Ber I said so. I occasionally, in certain rare circumstances, like to give her a hard time. If she knew I actually agreed with her and liked her gear, I'd never hear the end of it... Plus, it's just darn funny seeing her with ears at both ends! :rofl3::rofl3: (The fins, when in walking position, look like pair of giant rabbit ears. She wears a hood with rabbit ears when diving. :wink:)

Someone else posted about waves catching the fin as they backed into the water. But anyplace you have to gear up and walk a distance to the entry, they might be nice. You can step on them to put them down; seems easier than putting the fin on from scratch. Or if you have other gear to lug along it might free up a hand. My concern is how they might do if you really have to kick hard, will the snap release?

... Plus, it's just darn funny seeing her with ears at both ends! :rofl3::rofl3: (The fins, when in walking position, look like pair of giant rabbit ears. She wears a hood with rabbit ears when diving. :wink:)

:useless:

This I gotta see! Post 'em up!

ber, i really admire your stick-to-it-ive-ness in trying these. i think i'd have given up long ago. for me the bennies don't seem to outweigh the drawbacks. what way are you leaning? do you think they'll become your main 'flipper'? (hahaha! get it? get it? :D )

:useless:

This I gotta see! Post 'em up!

P3280219.JPG

Take a look in the back.:rofl4:

OK, FWIW, the picture 300bar posted is at Ginnie Springs in March 2008. The picture I posted was in Tobermory, Ontario in August 2007. I believe that is The Caves dive, and Mr. Rabbit is behind the camera.

So imagine orange flip fins with the orange ears. Ears at both ends!! :D

Gah! 300bar beat me to it. :(

:rofl3::rofl3: Modpower :rofl3::rofl3:

But I like your picture better :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom