The Philippines is open!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Interesting, no Malaysia in the list of accepted vaccine certificates. We had to reschedule our Tubbataha liveaboard for 2023 anyway since their 2022 itinerary was already fully booked by others rescheduling. But we still have to discuss, and hopefully reschedule, the flights with Philippine Airlines as they're currently for May 2022.

To everyone who can go to the Philippines already, enjoy!

Interesting, no Malaysia in the list of accepted vaccine certificates.

To everyone who can go to the Philippines already, enjoy!
I would have thought priority should be given to the fellow ASEAN members.
What is the latest situation in Malaysia? Any plan(talk) of opening within next few months?

1643806321727.png

I would have thought priority should be given to the fellow ASEAN members.
What is the latest situation in Malaysia? Any plan(talk) of opening within next few months?
Nothing concrete so not holding my breath. The numbers have slowly been creeping up again in recent days. Let's see what will happen in two weeks since lots of people are celebrating Chinese New Year now.

I'm considering visiting the Philippines departing NYC on Feb 24, looking for advice as this is so soon after opening (plans to dive Anilao.)

I'm considering visiting the Philippines departing NYC on Feb 24, looking for advice as this is so soon after opening (plans to dive Anilao.)
This is what I would do if I am in your position:
1. Booster shot and the best travel insurance I can get.
2. Anilao is only couple of hrs from NAIA so relatively easy to depart the country if Duterte decides to behave irresponsibly ie sudden lock down.
3. Pay attention to local news regularly.

Enjoy your trip.

Fully vaccinated with respective health insurance(COVID specific) and -ve RT-PCR test taken within 48hrs from arrival are required.
Far more easier than Indonesia(business visa and 5 days of quarantine) and Thailand(Sandbox or Test & Go).

Same as Centrals said really...the insurance thing will probably depend a bit on how they handle it and whether they are actually checking this and how they verify it meets their standards.

Will try and post updates once the first few people start crossing the line!

Will try and post updates once the first few people start crossing the line!
When divers realized that the restriction is less demanding than Indonesia and Thailand, they will start to arrive in droves.
It is the best time to dive now.
Good luck.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom