The Philippines is open!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Probably none of them went on diving trip but it shows how challenging it will be once countries open their borders and then deal with the different vaccination certificates from abroad.

Both Malaysia and Philippines are member of ASEAN.
This is really pathetic by the Philippines Gov for NOT recognizing the certificate but then it does not surprise me at all.

WE MADE IT!!!! - Mango's Dive Center Update! - Yes we're open and operating and ready to take you diving to the historic wrecks in Subic Bay. Give us a hollar if you have any questions about the Philippines opening for international tourism or diving with us.

WHY DIVE WITH MANGO'S DIVE CENTER?

• Located in Mango's Resort, a small, boutique full service resort on the beach in Barrio Barretto, Olongapo in historic Subic Bay. Subic Bay is the past home of US Naval Base Subic Bay and Cubi Point Naval Air Station Subic Bay.
  • 2.5 - 3 hour drive from Manila Airport (MNL) and 1.5 hour drive from Clark Airport. (CRK) All via expressway and with multiple travel options.
  • Barrio Barretto, Olongapo is a small beach town and home to 100's of hotel rooms, a large selection of restaurants, stores, nightlife and beaches - all within walking distance.
  • Australian and American owned...powered by Filipinos!
  • PADI and TDI Courses
  • Daily scheduled fun dives on our Philippine Bangka's!
  • Over 15 primary dive sites (and more secondary) within recreational diver depth limits and many of those within OWD diver depth limits.
  • All dive sites are a 30 - 40 minute boat ride from our beach front.
  • Do you love Wrecks? Subic Bay "IS" wreck diving..from a mid 1800's Spanish gun boat to a 1890's American cruiser, 3 aircraft, merchant ships, landing craft and more.
  • Our rental equipment is brand name (Apeks/Aqualung) and well maintained
  • Nitrox and technical diving support available
  • We have an amazing staff who are genuinely helpful, friendly and truly care about our diver customers' fun and safety.

This is the message I got from the Tourism Director-Attache, Philippine Department of Tourism, who is based in NYC.

Based on actual experience from two months ago, the standard CDC vaccine cards are acceptable.

However, if you can get a digital copy of your vaccination such as the New York Excelsior Pass or the Smart Health card, that would be better.

This is the message I got from the Tourism Director-Attache, Philippine Department of Tourism, who is based in NYC.
The US CDC Vac card is fine to use and is accepted with no issues. This is not only confirmed with publications from the Philippine Department of Foreign Affairs, but also by numerous Americans (including a good friend of mine) who just entered the Philippines since the tourism opening February 10. So please....come dive the Philippines!

The US CDC Vac card is fine to use and is accepted with no issues. This is not only confirmed with publications from the Philippine Department of Foreign Affairs, but also by numerous Americans (including a good friend of mine) who just entered the Philippines since the tourism opening February 10. So please....come dive the Philippines!
I'm coming in less than a week! So excited!

PAL has direct non stop flight from couple of cities in US.

Actually the flights are not too bad and (surprisingly) in the past week have dropped in price quite a bit. My guess would be the airlines are ramping the flights up. (Turkish airlines especially) I am seeing a lot of flights in March and April - for example - "RT from Chicago to Manila" under $1000 USD. Sure you have to connect, but you usually do! PAL flights typically run a bit higher than most, but if you live near one of the cities they fly out of (LA, SF..etc) it's pretty sweet to have a non-stop. You will see prices increase in the US summer months, and this makes no sense to most people as June - September are rainy season in the Phils. So, one would think it would be cheaper. The deal is that it is the "connecting cities" summer and their high season (ie: Tokyo, Hong Kong, Taipei, Inchon) so the prices are higher with the flights full coming out of the US. Late September - April are typically the cheapest flights normally to the Phils, and also the best times to dive. Hope to see you soon in Subic!

Back
Top Bottom