Question Philippines Anilao dive site identification

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
S

srgmx

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hello Everyone,

I've been on a trip to Anilao and had some amazing dives there. I managed to sort out most of the dive sites in my log (using various forums and sites), unfortunately I can't find 2 sites, especially the GPS co-ords:
  • Philippines, Anilao - Dakida
  • Philippines, Anilao - Gazer

Could anyone help with the GPS, or perhaps the names of these sites are incorrect or alternative?

thanks!

Hello Everyone,

I've been on a trip to Anilao and had some amazing dives there. I managed to sort out most of the dive sites in my log (using various forums and sites), unfortunately I can't find 2 sites, especially the GPS co-ords:
  • Philippines, Anilao - Dakida
  • Philippines, Anilao - Gazer

Could anyone help with the GPS, or perhaps the names of these sites are incorrect or alternative?

thanks!
do you remember the land marks?... sometimes different resorts call dive sites diff names... specially the newer dive sites.

do you remember the land marks?... sometimes different resorts call dive sites diff names... specially the newer dive sites.
Unfortunately not, it was 2 years ago and I'm now cleaning up the logbook and moving to an electronic one.
Just before the Dakida site we had a dive at Anilao Batangas - Koala Reef (13°42'57.92"N 120°52'18.87"E), so I assume it was in close vicinity.

And for the Gazer, jsut before it we did Heidi's Point (13°41'40.42"N 120°54'34.17"E). Based on dive times it took us no more then 30 min to change the place (or less, unfortunately don't remember how long we drove). Could this be helpful to track it down?

I've dived in Anilao over the last couple of years and I've never heard of the sites you mentioned.

I looked up Anilao dive site maps online and there seems to be differences in names. Maybe the dive site operator you used may have names they used exclusively.

I was trying to locate the dive guide, he was from other center (not the one the dives were organised) but I can't find it, I was already looking on street view to find that club but don't remember the name at all. Probably only someone local would be able to help to find it.
And from the dive club we dove with, no response, I found on the forum that other people had problems contacting them too...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom