The Oriskany Suffered Damage During Hurricane/tropical storm Ida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wjefferis

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I was looking on the MBT Divers website and they have pictures that shows a collapsed area in the island which has made a cool swim through. They are saying that it has made the "O" a brand new dive, it sounds pretty awesome. The pictures are on their website, just scroll down a bit. Thanks to the guys at MBT Divers for putting up the information: USS Oriskany

Thanks for the heads up Walter, I had heard that the Oriskany got damaged a bit and possibly even sunk a bit deeper. Sounds like my info was atleast half-right. Good job MBT Divers for getting the info out quick.

I think it was just some duct work that got blowed off, so nothing structural. I can't wait to get back out there.

Me either!! I can't wait!!

I think the diver must have dropped something! He was looking down the whole time (lol, lol). Neat though.

Wow!! I noticed the same thing. It appeared to be kind of animated. So what gives? How was it simulated? DiveNav no disrespect but it just isn't the same as the real thing...:D

Enjoy

Alberto (aka eDiver)

heh... I noticed he never looked up. I kept expecting him to swim into a steel wall in the hanger deck.

Noticed he changed to a rebreather on the hanger deck! cool you can do that mid dive! :thumb:

Seriously though.... can you create a simulation where we can "re-sink" the Oriskany? let us place the charges in different places and blow it up and see how it goes down each time? that would be fun.

Back
Top Bottom