The Official Let's Get Together and Go Diving Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

XJae once bubbled...

Also, I still have about 2 days of fall clean up to do.

That's what the long Thanksgiving weekend is for :D

Come diving!

ScottyK - I have not found a better site, but the closest tide table is Tides Use the East Rockaway Inlet choice.

XJae - I spoke to the owner of Almost Paradise at Beach 9th and he did not seem to have a firm idea of when it is going to close. He is apparently still waiting for an agreement to be signed and for him to receive his $$$.

To both of you, I would be more than happy to go with either of you to the park to take some of the burden of what you have to deal with when you are there :D

TTSkipper

I should be out either way. If we do 9th St. Doug may even make the trip.

Speaking of Halcyon - Who carries them around here. I'm looking to replace my wing, and that's one of the one's on my list.

TTSkipper once bubbled...
To both of you, I would be more than happy to go with either of you to the park to take some of the burden of what you have to deal with when you are there :D

Thanks Ben- You're a real team kinda guy :rolleyes:
(PS- glad the vertigo is feeling better)

The weekend tides are below. We can do an "early" morning /evening Beach 9 or a mid morning/evening north shore. I'll try to accomodate your schedules, and will probably dive both days if the weather holds out.

Beach 9-

Sat..... 7AM and 7:18PM
Sun.... 7:30AM and 7:56 PM

North Shore-

Sat.....10:11AM and 10:37PM
Sun.... 10:47AM and 11:13PM

Grunzster,

I picked my rig up at Village Divers in NYC, they are on 4th Street between 1st and 2nd Aves. Cal is the guy who owns the place, he was really helpfull. I had called him earlier in the week to tell him I wanted a rental for Friday, wen I got there on Friday he did not have any rentals in that were exaclty what I wanted so he gave me the brand new setup off his wall. He took a credit card impression for the whole setup and said take it and return it on Monday, if I liked it just call and say I wanted it and he would run the charge through otherwise when I brought it back he would rip up the imprint and just charge me for the rental. Well I just called him about an hour ago and told him he is not getting it back. :)

TTSkipper

TTSkipper once bubbled...
Grunzster,

I picked my rig up at Village Divers in NYC, they are on 4th Street between 1st and 2nd Aves. Cal is the guy who owns the place, he was really helpfull. I had called him earlier in the week to tell him I wanted a rental for Friday, wen I got there on Friday he did not have any rentals in that were exaclty what I wanted so he gave me the brand new setup off his wall. He took a credit card impression for the whole setup and said take it and return it on Monday, if I liked it just call and say I wanted it and he would run the charge through otherwise when I brought it back he would rip up the imprint and just charge me for the rental. Well I just called him about an hour ago and told him he is not getting it back. :)

TTSkipper
I have spoken to people at that shop over the phone and they have always been very helpful. I would have considered taking some classes with them but they are SSI and I am going the PADI route.

Cool I have off Wed. and I'm probably going to be toy shopping. Maybe I'll stop by there.

Now if i can only find a housing for my Canon!

TT- Does Village Divers normally rent Halcyon gear?

G- That's one expensive housing. But, one nice camera.

XJae,

I am not sure if they normally do althought they pretty much sell Halcyon, Oxycheq and I think OMS. I do know that when we went to look at the rental stock he had another manufacturer's BP, which is not that big a deal and he had a smaller Pioneer wing which is no longer made, I think it was 19#.

TTSkipper

http://www.villagedivers.com/rentals.html

Their basic rental BC is a Sherwood Silouette $10/day

A Zeagle Ranger or Trans Pac II can be had for $15/day

A bp/wings rig is $30

They have a huge range of gear for rental including doubles and stages, DPVs, Canister lights, etc...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom