The Official Let's Get Together and Go Diving Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScottyK

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
It's great to finally get this topic out of the Introductions and Greets thread :)

Jen and I are diving Hortons Point Sunday night 10/19.

We both already told our bosses that we're taking Friday the 24th off if the weather is good. Who's up for some three day weekend diving? Any suggestions?

We could come out for a DS day, or anyone who wants can come out and do some L.I. diving with us.

If you're feeling adventurous, I could see what the local dive boats are doing also. Let me know.

Scott

I'll be at DS for my Rescue course this weekend. I might be able to swing something on Friday...

Did you ever make it last night?

I was just too beat to drive out yesterday, but this weekend may be good.

Actually a couple of us are probably getting together at Dutch, Saturday, but a shore dive Sunday or maybe Friday if I can get off would be cool.

Would I be able to do the boat?

I don't have the AOW yet, and I know most of the Joisey boats require that.

I will be at Dutch Springs on Sunday, 26 October. I will be setting up on the penuisular side. We already have 5-6 divers coming. For the divers who want to go Jersey diving and need AOW or other training, I know we can work this out among ourselves.

I plan on being on site by 9:00 AM to claim a table or two. Look for the pewter colored (some say silver) K2500 Chevy truck with a beat up dive tag on the front. We have several interesting dives we want to try and I will have my video camera to document this event.

Hey All,

Looks like a couple of interesting options are shaping up :)

Chris- You can get on the Sea Turtle if they are doing something relatively shallow. There is awesome diving off of Block Island that doesn't necessarily have to be deep. I'll check with the dive shop tomorrow.

Any chance you guys could do Dutch Saturday Bill? Sunday we're more likely to get on a boat. Let me know.

Scott

hey guys! good to see we are official. i was at ds this past sat 10/18 and saw the rescue class. I might be there Sunday to do some skills. Will look for you BillB.

If the weather is good all three days, my schedule will be:

Friday- Shore diving locally. Anyone who wants to meet us is invited.

Saturday- Dutch Springs could be cool!

Sunday- Boat dive or hiking as weather permits. Chris, the only weekend boat dive I can find is an 85 footer on the Jean Marie. You won't be able to do it without an AOW card.

Scott where is the Jean Marie docked? and what time is the departure? (Im not much of an early person...)

We'd need to be at Moriches Inlet around 7:30 AM. You'd need to be on the road by 4AM :eek:

The weather's not looking too promising for Sunday anyway. The dive would be out in the open Atlantic. Both the dive and the boat ride can get pretty hairy at this time of year with a front coming through.

Worst case maybe we can shore dive. You'd get another 4 hours of sleep that way :)

Back
Top Bottom