The Official Let's Get Together and Go Diving Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NJDiveGirl once bubbled...

At least tailgating will be fun!

To quote Belushi in Animal house..."My advice to you is....drink heavily" :D

Chris and Ben- PM me some phone #'s sometime today. Jen made a good point to me about the fact that it's harvest season. We might need to meet earlier due to the fact that traffic might be heavy out by the dive site.

sk- perfect moon, is that good for a double?
vt- good luck testing the camera. if ur going to ds you should try to be the first one in the water. you wont regret it.

i myself will be hanging with the kids.
a hike out back if the weather turns out as predicted.
we go treasure hunting...
thears gold in dem thear hills.

hope everyones diving goes well today. make sure you post a report! Vadim or I will do the same. DS today and Cape Ann tomorrow.

dive safe

Great shore dive last night with Scott and Jen at Secret Beach. Water was like a sheet of glass and wasn't too cold, saw lots of critters, camera crapped out again at the perfect shot.

Duh Scott, what happened was I ran out of film! Almost took a pretty big Hermit Crab home by mistake too. "Hmm that shell moved from where I put it on top of the cooler!"

Got to Dutch today kind of late, buddy decided to dive on the opposite side, couldn't remember who else was going today or where they were setting up. By the time I checked messages and emailed, trying calling (he cell not working) and did a lap to look for buddy, everyone was in for their last dive or leaving.

I drove over an hour to get an air fill!

grunzster once bubbled...
Almost took a pretty big Hermit Crab home by mistake too. "Hmm that shell moved from where I put it on top of the cooler!"

LOL- You should have seen the look on your face when your "artifact" started walking away :D

We had fun too. I was surprised that we actually saw a tropical Spotfin Butterfly still clinging on in 57 degree water.

I have reports from TTSkipper and my LDS guy that there are still good amounts of tropicals left at Beach 9th street. I think we'll try to head there this weekend. The way the weather's holding out I think we'll still be good.

Xjae- How was exploring with the kids??? Am I going to be able to tempt you out next weekend with the promise of seeing some tropicals in November???

Sorry I did not get out with you guys on Saturday, but I did a night dive on friday at Beach 9th which was awesome except for my issue with vertigo which came back. I had it once before at Dutch Springs. We saw a lot of life, tons of stars, 3 or 4 butterfly fish, a few blue crabs big enough for dinner, more spider crabs thatn you could imagine and so many silversides that when you swan through them it felt like you were being hit by hail :) Unfortunately due to the vertigo I cut the dive short.

I did not get out with you guys saturday because I was still fealing a little queasy from the vertigo, so I decided to stay local and just hang out with some friends.

Sunday morning I went back to beach 9th and tried out some Doc's Proplugs for my ears and had no problems with the vertigo again. The life was the same but I was able to take my camera with me this time and get some small video clips and some photos. Unfortunately the photos came out crappy. The video was pretty cool. I can send it to someone if they want it in the gallery on the website, there are 3 small MPEG clips about 1.5mb each. THey are just some fish swimming right in my face, a blue crab, and some of the butterfly fish.

The water was about 57deg. I also tried out a Halcyon BP/Wing which I rented and really liked it so I think I am going to buy it. It is pretty much the same setup as DocMartin's.

Ben

ScottyK once bubbled...
Xjae- How was exploring with the kids??? Am I going to be able to tempt you out next weekend with the promise of seeing some tropicals in November???
We cancelled the hike / treasure hunt. Too many leaves to find anything.
(Our finds are mostly old glass and pottery - a couple of nice hand blown, blue glass, raised letter, cork topped beer bottles). Hopefully we'll get a metal detector in the spring. (an underwater one of course)

We went to the park instead.
BTW, Don't bring three little girls to a park by yourself unless you want a date for Saturday night.

I'll see what I can work out for this Saturday.
What is the tide timing?

Sounds like everyone had good times diving!

TT - re Beach 9, you guys know that its going to close (the prop has been bought by developers! Man, you guys had 57? At Cape Ann the water was 46 COLD! Time for me to get dry gloves like my buddy. On Sat we were at DS, Sunday at Cape Ann diving
http://www.state.ma.us/czm/ua-cap.htm at one of the pieces at 100 ft.

I think Vadim will be posting some pics on the websie

XJae once bubbled...
BTW, Don't bring three little girls to a park by yourself unless you want a date for Saturday night.

LOL- I have the same problem when I take my three mini Dachshunds out with me. I always tell Jen that if she leaves me I'm keeping them :D

Saturday will be a 10:10 AM high tide on the North Shore. You can get out early and the roads will be empty. Tell your wife I'll have you home for lunch!

I need to look up the tides for beach 9th street as well. That might even work out better, and be a shorter drive for you.

Ben- I haven't been south shore diving in Nassau for several years. Do you know which tide table I need to look at for B9Th St ???

Izzy- 46 degrees :eek: I hope you guys enjoyed yourselves as well!

ScottyK once bubbled...
Saturday will be a 10:10 AM high tide on the North Shore. You can get out early and the roads will be empty. Tell your wife I'll have you home for lunch!

I need to look up the tides for beach 9th street as well. That might even work out better, and be a shorter drive for you.
Cool, the earlier the better for me.
And you're right, my wife will like that too.

Also, I still have about 2 days of fall clean up to do.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom