The Official 2010 FIFA World Cup Discussion Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Algeria - Slovenia: I only saw the first half as I had to get to Loftus for the next game but I wasn't particularly enthused by either team. I'm happy for Slovenia's goal, their first ever in World Cup history, but I think it is rather academic. The way these two teams played and the way England and USA played leaves me with little doubt that neither Slovenia nor Algeria stand any sort of chance in this group. Sorry iztok, no offense intended:wink:

Oh I agree wit what you said. I am just saying that ball is round and perhaps, just perhaps we can tie one or both :wink: lots of luck needs to be involved here :wink:

I have to say, as World Cups go, this one has taken a while to catch light. Hopefully when the Brazilians and the Spanish play, we'll see more fluid attacking football. It has been in pretty shortly supply so far though.

I'd like to see Brazil hammer the sh*t out of North Korea, on the off chance that Kim Jong Il might see his nation as being superior to all others. In fact, I doubt very much that he does, he just reckons himself a God and that all other people should bow to him. I heard a rumour that North Koreans don't even know their team is in the World Cup!

New Zealand just drew with Slovakia which is nice. I'm sure I saw Rory Fallon guide the ball into the net with the power of telekenisis.

:shakehead: 2-1 ! How this can possibly happen ?
Come on Brazil ! Wake up !

Vuvuzelas once again : I'm probably too old but I think we loose something : it's impossible to hear any crowd reaction ( except a single 1h1/2 long bzzzzzzzzzzzzzz)
Where are the WOOOOOOOOOO? the HAAAAAAAAAAA and all the supporters songs ?
We haven't heard the english !!!:depressed:

Last edited:
:shakehead: 2-1 ! How this can possibly happen ?
Come on Brazil ! Wake up !

As one of my friends said: "The problem is that the sh*t teams just aren't sh*t any more."

No more of the good old 8-0 hammerings to give plenty of footage for the highlight reels.

Bigger complaint though - where were all the hot Brazilian women in the stands?

brasilSoccerWomen.jpg

Bigger complaint though - where were all the hot Brazilian women in the stands?

Here you go:

PdUO7.jpg

Paraguay and Argentina also had some nice fans:

paraguaygirlissuperhot.jpg

934165774-12062010174723.jpg

Wow Sas, I'm impressed by your keen judgment in matters masculine ;-)

So far, german football is ways better than the brazilian's.
Sure, Germany beat their opponents by a greater margin but I'm not sure their football is any better than Brazil's. It has to be said that Brazil's passes were every bit as accurate and their ball control every bit as immediate as the German's. The Aussies offered virtually no resistance and the Germans ran circles around their defense. The North Koreans on the other hand put on a stellar performance in defense.

One thing that has to be said for the Brazilians that cannot be said of the Germans is that they managed to adjust their style to eventually break open their opponents. The Germans wasn't tested in this regard so it's hard to say what they would do against a resilient defense such as that offered by the North Koreans.

And trust Brazil to come up with the magic when they need it. That goal from Maicon was simply superb. It was from an insane angle and he managed to swing the ball in towards the goal with his outside (right) foot. Don't be surprised if you see that goal again towards the end of the tournament when replays are shown to determine the best goal of the tournament.

Vuvuzelas once again : I'm probably too old but I think we loose something : it's impossible to hear any crowd reaction ( except a single 1h1/2 long bzzzzzzzzzzzzzz)
Where are the WOOOOOOOOOO? the HAAAAAAAAAAA and all the supporters songs ?
We haven't heard the english !!!:depressed:
Why hold the World Cup in Africa if you want a European flavour to it? If you want the traditional European World Cup experience, then do it in Europe.

I agree that blowing the vuvuzela when countries are singing their national anthems is very disrespectful, but equally, insisting that Africa gives up its soccer culture to accommodate Europeans who can't find the volume button on their TV remotes is just as disrespectful. If you were in the stadium you'd have loved the noise and you'd have been blowing your vuvuzela along with them all.

I don't think Brazil were particularly poor or sloppy last night, rather North Korea were just far more disciplined than people expected. They were quick to close players down, their movement made it easy on their team-mates and were always quick into their own area to crowd out their attackers.

Nice Paraguayan woman there. Think I might marry her.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom