The new Freedom Contour - The Rolex of backplates.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Eric,
I made a post on your profile asking to be put on the waiting list for a large/ long plate on October 13th. I'm not sure if that was the proper way to be added to the wait list, but if I wasn't already, could I be added to the list?
Thanks,
-Jon

I put you on the list.

Hi Eric,

How about starting a new thread with "The Freedom Plate" list-sort of like the good folks monthly "roll call" in the Cozumel forum? A separate thread would reassure the members who are concerned if their request has been seen, and keep this thread open for it's intended purpose.

Hi Eric,

How about starting a new thread with "The Freedom Plate" list-sort of like the good folks monthly "roll call" in the Cozumel forum? A separate thread would reassure the members who are concerned if their request has been seen, and keep this thread open for it's intended purpose.
Good idea.

Hi Eric,

Good idea.

The Freedom Plate Roll Call (and orders)???

It would also be a great place to collect Freedom Plate photos.

I don't think it will work with the built in roll control rods in a Hog wing at all with this new tank bracket.
I widened the bar placement by about 1/4" and also increased the size of the rods from 5/16" to 3/8" in an effort to get the weight up.
The tank bracket really needs to be securely bolted on with the stock 5/16" bolts top and bottom.
I'm finding out that Hog is probably not an ideal choice of wing for the FP. They apparently don't seem to play nice with each other without a few mods to the wing.
I wish I had every single tank wing in every configuration in my shop so I could see what works and what doesn't. Unfortunately that's close to impossible for me at this time.

Eric, would/can/do you sell the Tank Brackets separately? I'm hoping the creation of these is simpler .. or you have some spares floating around :)

... and happy to help with measurements too ... but I'm just another VDH 18# guy ....

Right now I’m estimating winter to early spring. Plates are a side hobby I do in wintertime when my regular work slows down. I’m a signwriter by trade, and for some reason traditional hand painted signs and pinstriping has been ‘rediscovered’ and has experienced an explosion in popularity, don’t ask me why. It was supposed to be headed for extinction years ago, but apparently it’s not going anywhere anytime soon as evidenced by the overwhelming amount of inquiries I get. Maybe the dry souless world of digital perfection has finally taken a toll on the minds of real humans? Maybe that’s why you guys like those plates so much that I hammer out one by one. You’re all art collectors whether you realize it or not.
Somehow I need to figure out how to fit all this in.

Hey Eric,

If you would, please add an order for me!! I am guessing a Large/Long, I am 6' 5" and 242 #'s. If you would, please let me know how to give you a deposit and make the final payment.

I am Excited!!

Thank you

I would also like to add my name for a SS Medium FP. @Eric Sedletzky I also left a message on your profile page.

I do have a couple questions for anyone with a FP to answer.
I had a recent experience trying on a more standard shaped BP. It was painful. Im 6'0" and skinny...150lbs. There is no fat to cushion anything and I found, with a tank attached, the bottom edge of the BP painful against my back and the top painful against my shoulder blades. Like anyone else diving SoCal, long walks for shore dives are typical, so I cant help but want something that doesnt kill me on land. The FP seems like the perfect answer.

Can anyone describe how the plate feels loaded down while walking? I am actually happy to see some comments about the waist belt riding a bit higher than other plates because I want it tight around my waist so it will sit on the top of my hip bones to take the weight. Does this happen?

Thanks for the feedback.

Back
Top Bottom