The new Freedom Contour - The Rolex of backplates.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would also like to add my name for a SS Medium FP. @Eric Sedletzky I also left a message on your profile page.

I do have a couple questions for anyone with a FP to answer.
I had a recent experience trying on a more standard shaped BP. It was painful. Im 6'0" and skinny...150lbs. There is no fat to cushion anything and I found, with a tank attached, the bottom edge of the BP painful against my back and the top painful against my shoulder blades. Like anyone else diving SoCal, long walks for shore dives are typical, so I cant help but want something that doesnt kill me on land. The FP seems like the perfect answer.

Can anyone describe how the plate feels loaded down while walking? I am actually happy to see some comments about the waist belt riding a bit higher than other plates because I want it tight around my waist so it will sit on the top of my hip bones to take the weight. Does this happen?

Thanks for the feedback.

Personally, for my fiancee and I, it almost feels like it isn't there. The medium is relatively short compared to mainstream BPs out there, so it doesn't even go close to your waist.

Has anyone paired their freedom plate with a deep 6 tropical wing yet?
On the list, and patiently waiting!
-Ethan

I am pretty sure the Deep6 wing will fit. The grommets line up well and you shouldn't have any issues with the cam bands as well. So far I've had luck with Donut-Shaped wings, except for the Tecline Peanut. Although the grommets lined up, I was not able to trace the cam bands properly as it did not line up with the FP.

I want to sign up for this.
I’m 5’6” I dive tropical. No weights and neutral buoyancy wear.
Should I get a small? Single tank diver here. What would be the weight of one?

And any suggestion on the bladder? Currently using step alum plate and sta with a 30lb donut. Can I reuse the donut? I would love something smaller...

I want to sign up for this.
I’m 5’6” I dive tropical. No weights and neutral buoyancy wear.
Should I get a small? Single tank diver here. What would be the weight of one?

And any suggestion on the bladder? Currently using step alum plate and sta with a 30lb donut. Can I reuse the donut? I would love something smaller...
Eric has a post in the classified section where you can sign up and ask about the wing fit.

I just signed up for one. I’m just curious.

We normally setup a bp such that we can touch the upper part of the plate.
A standard plate is 15 3/4in tall.

I’m 5’6” so I would be in the small plate which is 14in tall.

How do you set that up? So I still touch? Or is there an instruction how to set it up? Pls point me in the right direction.

As a point of reference, I am 5'5" with an average length torso for a male and am quite happy with an older Freedom Plate that is just under 15" tall.
Do you still set it up the same way as a regular plate? To be able to reach out in the back and touch the upper edge of the plate?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom