The new Freedom Contour - The Rolex of backplates.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I tried to PM you, Eric, but I wasn't allowed to for whatever reason.

I'm sure you have more work than you know what to do with at this point. And I'm sure I could probably get an idea of this answer somewhere within these 61 pages, but I'd like to know what the current price and timeline of an FP are?

Thanks!

I don't think the price has changed, but for timeline you'll still have to figure out how to talk to Eric. So you might as well hear the price from him.

I don't think the price has changed, but for timeline you'll still have to figure out how to talk to Eric. So you might as well hear the price from him.
I'm not even sure what page to start at to find price. When the thread was created five years ago, there wasn't one yet. I'll scan through this thread more when I get home.

Right now they’re $225.00 plus shipping but I’m out again.
I just made two dozen and got cleaned out.
So now I’m shopping for a more local and reasonable laser cutting outfit to help me out with cutting the flat stock.
Sorry I didn’t see this earlier, I’ve been up in Mendocino County doing some diving and got no cell reception up there.

I'm not even sure what page to start at to find price. When the thread was created five years ago, there wasn't one yet. I'll scan through this thread more when I get home.
Post #588 :)

$225 was/is the current price, however I sold out a month or so again of everything I made.
I just talked to my old buddy laser cutter down in the south bay and will be shipping off patterns for him to look at and he will give me current prices for his part. I don’t know prices yet on stainless. The tariffs have affected all metal prices including stainless even though the stainless I insist on them using is made in USA, go figure!
So until I have a conversation with the dude with the laser cutter I’m not going to know what the next price schedule will be.
I was cutting everything in house for a while, but plasma involves a lot of cleanup and it also increases costs of consumables and the labor was killing me.
Right now plates are going to be a late fall/ winter thing as they have historically been when my other business slows down. Then I can get into my shop, fire up the heater, and pound out a few custom plates.

and pound out a few custom plates.

Better make that a few dozen :)

Do/is there a pic of your latest design?

I'm very interested if/how the thinner SS plate eventuates as I only dive tropical and always fly to dive.

Better make that a few dozen :)

Do/is there a pic of your latest design?

I'm very interested if/how the thinner SS plate eventuates as I only dive tropical and always fly to dive.

I've got a SS plate now, and it's perfect for travel to tropical dive destinations. Considering the fact that most destinations will have AL 80's, the weight of the regular ss plate is perfect, so I really don't see a need to go lighter or thinner for the most part. Also, if you're like me and prefer some type of a rash guard, even a 2 or 3mm full suit for coverage in warm water, I prefer the current weight because I can still dive without adding any lead, and I have a balanced rig. Just my .02. The only time I really think about a lighter rig is when I'm home diving locally in warm water with my steel 100's.

Reactions: Jay
I would like to request a spot on the waiting list. Hoping that it isn't locked down.

Thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom