The New Atomic TFX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I did not end up getting my TFX wet. Long story short, it was a shore dive and the lake was down. Getting in and out over rocks in the water was a huge pain. Trying the TFX would have been a bonus mission and I was not up to it.

You were scared that you would get your TFX scratched???? REALLY??? This is what is commonly called "new gear" syndrome, you will get over it at some point :p

:rofl3::rofl3:

You were scared that you would get your TFX scratched???? REALLY??? This is what is commonly called "new gear" syndrome, you will get over it at some point :p

:rofl3::rofl3:

No. I had to crawl over rocks on my hands and knees to get in and out. I did it once for the dive that was my primary mission for the day. I did not want to do it again just to try the TFX for a few minutes, because I'm old and crippled.

I hate shore diving. And I especially hate it when I have to get in and out where it's 2' of water over lots of medium-sized rocks. Today, discretion was definitely the better part of valor.

No. I had to crawl over rocks on my hands and knees to get in and out. I did it once for the dive that was my primary mission for the day. I did not want to do it again just to try the TFX for a few minutes, because I'm old and crippled.

I hate shore diving. And I especially hate it when I have to get in and out where it's 2' of water over lots of medium-sized rocks. Today, discretion was definitely the better part of valor.

So when are you going diving next with the TFX??? I just can't wait to hear from an experienced diver testing it and reporting back.

So when are you going diving next with the TFX??? I just can't wait to hear from an experienced diver testing it and reporting back.

I don't know. If I don't get blown out, I'm supposed to dive 4 days in NC this coming weekend. But, if it does happen, I'll be diving my CCR. So, the TFX might be in two weeks. Or, if I'm blown out, then I might dive the TFX somewhere here close to home.

I figure I put the Atomic Ti2 on as my secondary second stage, so I'll be able to switch back and forth between them in the water to really get an idea of how they compare. Of course I will come back here and post about it. :)

I know it's OT, but since I think everyone who even might be interested in in this thread...

I just posted 3 x D400s for sale in the Regs classifieds. Just FYI.

On topic. Okay, near topic. I did go diving today. But, I did not end up getting my TFX wet. Long story short, it was a shore dive and the lake was down. Getting in and out over rocks in the water was a huge pain. Trying the TFX would have been a bonus mission and I was not up to it.

Tease🤦‍♂️😂

I don't know. If I don't get blown out, I'm supposed to dive 4 days in NC this coming weekend. But, if it does happen, I'll be diving my CCR. So, the TFX might be in two weeks. Or, if I'm blown out, then I might dive the TFX somewhere here close to home.

I figure I put the Atomic Ti2 on as my secondary second stage, so I'll be able to switch back and forth between them in the water to really get an idea of how they compare. Of course I will come back here and post about it. :)

I think you are just being a tough tease 😠

Here we go again!

Do we have any news on what Scubatools plans to offer for the TFX?
Nothing so far. He may be waiting to see what the "official" tools are from Atomic. No service manual that I've yet seen.
I think we can do a good job with garden variety tools (small pin face spanner, circlip pliers, 6mm flat blade screwdriver, thin brass pick, adjustable low profile wrench, 3/32" hex key). @James79 is going to make it even easier with his 3D tools, and there just doesn't appear to be anything unusual with this reg, compared to other brands. I think it's going to be a piece of cake to service, except for removing the Venturi collar. There is hopefully a trick to that, because it's so delicate. But after 30 years of servicing the D's, I haven't found it. But I haven't broken one yet. I just expect to, every time it becomes necessary to remove it for cleaning the housing.
But with a titanium housing, verdigris removal shouldn't even be required. So, maybe it doesn't matter any more.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom