Trip Report The Magic of Malpelo, July 9-18, 2021 on the Ferox

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi @Dan

My max depths were very similar to yours, 0-7 feet different, average about 3 feet. I included average depths in my review, 56 feet (42-73 feet), might be more useful for gas use calculations.. Bottom temps were nearly identical, 0-2 degrees different, average less than a degree.

Reactions: Dan
Just saw this cool video of Malpelo in September 2021 by DiveHard, which gives a different angle of what you would see there from above (drone) and underwater (diving) in September, bringing back my fond memory of Malpelo. They definitely saw some schooling hammerheads that we missed in July.

I have never done any of my pinnacle trips twice, Red Sea, Cocos, Galapagos, Revillagigedos. I will be returning to Malpelo on the Ferox July 20-30, 2023, on a half boat charter with Sten Johansson :)

1659885828903.png

@scubadada - thanks for doubling the endorsement. On my bucket list for sure.

Compelling narrative with pics to match!! Thanks @scubadada.

Great report,thnx for sharing

Ha, I was only 67 1/2, I'm seriously thinking of returning before I'm 70. I'm very glad I've had a chance to dive Cocos, Galapagos, Revillagigedos, and Malpelo. These four fantastic locations are different and complimentary.
It looks like you’ll be keeping up with your promise. 😜

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom