The life Aquatic????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Going tomorrow to the matinee.....and I loved "death to Smoochy" just my kind of humor.

AmyJ:
Any of you coastal people seen this flick? Opens nationwide this weekend, but showing selected areas now.....

One more water movie to add to the list of unrealistic and dopey movies that have scuba!! (I haven't seen it yet!) Let us know what you think..... :)

Dear Amy,

Obviously, by your childish review, you haven't a clue as to the meaning of the word "art". Nor do you have the sense to combine it with the word "film"...hence the conjuction: "art film". If you are a real diver (as you may think), then you may have had the sense in the first place to not rely on my film for a realistic portrayal of scuba diving. It was meant to give the viewer a laugh or two along with the director's creativity, create a fun child-like underwater atmosphere. If you are looking for realistic might I suggest the Discovery Channel? Stop looking to creative films to quench your thirst for a "real" movie with scuba in it! Go make your own.

'Nuff said.

Sincerely yours,

Steve Zissou
Team Zissou

Oh wow, we have a celebrity diver on the board! It's about stinking time!

stevezissou:
Dear Amy,

Obviously, by your childish review, you haven't a clue as to the meaning of the word "art". Nor do you have the sense to combine it with the word "film"...hence the conjuction: "art film". If you are a real diver (as you may think), then you may have had the sense in the first place to not rely on my film for a realistic portrayal of scuba diving. It was meant to give the viewer a laugh or two along with the director's creativity, create a fun child-like underwater atmosphere. If you are looking for realistic might I suggest the Discovery Channel? Stop looking to creative films to quench your thirst for a "real" movie with scuba in it! Go make your own.

'Nuff said.

Sincerely yours,

Steve Zissou
Team Zissou
I am both perturbed and confused...

Celebrity impersonator you mean... even if it were the real thing!

"Creative" film? I think not! Humorous? I think not! Worth my $8? I KNOW not!

Dr. Bill

Oh come on people....it wasn't THAT bad! If you went expecting too much of the flick then I can see you reactions, but you have to look at it as a comedy. It had a number of funny parts, with a decent cast, laughable plot and some skin......what else could you ask for?
I looked at it as a night out and an excuse to consume overpriced popcorn smothered with fake butter.

Before I possibly waste my money on this film, I want one question answered.

Discounting the "let-down" of the scuba component, is the overall plot and humour content of Life Aquatic comparable to that of Rushmore?

I LOVE Rushmore. I've been hearing the movie style of Life Aquatic is quite similar... some people love it, some people hate it.

Actually, I haven't seen the movie and was really looking forward to it. I have enjoyed the other movies done by Anderson and suspected that I would also enjoy this one. I was just looking for others thoughts and made a comment based on a number of movies I have had recommended by divers that while somewhat entertaning... are also a bit .... whatever you want to call them. I do enjoy a number of art films and an d believe it or not I can actually dive. :) And am just childish enough to figure you obviously have issues and I won't take them personally. I am still looking forward to the film and suspect I will enjoy anyway. Welcome to the board and nice to meet you.

stevezissou:
Dear Amy,

'Nuff said.

Sincerely yours,

Steve Zissou
Team Zissou

AmyJ:
Actually, I haven't seen the movie and was really looking forward to it. I have enjoyed the other movies done by Anderson and suspected that I would also enjoy this one. I was just looking for others thoughts and made a comment based on a number of movies I have had recommended by divers that while somewhat entertaning... are also a bit .... whatever you want to call them. I do enjoy a number of art films and an d believe it or not I can actually dive. :) And am just childish enough to figure you obviously have issues and I won't take them personally. I am still looking forward to the film and suspect I will enjoy anyway. Welcome to the board and nice to meet you.

Easy, Amy! If you look at the name of the poster (Steve Zissou), that's the name of Bill Murray's character in the movie. Someone's just trying to push your buttons.

ya I know... I would actually call it "trolling"! since it's his only contribution. I didn't mean to sound up in arms... thought I was being fairly cordial, just letting him know "I got it!!" :) although I did chuckle at the "my film" . :) How dumb does he think we all are?? Plus I was just welcoming him to the board since he obviously bypassed the intros forum. haha!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom