The life Aquatic????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AmyJ

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Any of you coastal people seen this flick? Opens nationwide this weekend, but showing selected areas now.....

One more water movie to add to the list of unrealistic and dopey movies that have scuba!! (I haven't seen it yet!) Let us know what you think..... :)

Bad!

Well, it IS supposed to be a farce on Cousteau... as such expect a great deal of comical exaggeration.

All the underwater scenes I believe are filmed in one shallow tank. The scenery and lighting is shifted when different "habitats" are filmed. According to the filmmakers, all of the underwater habitats in the film are fanciful, bearing little/no resemblance to actual marine habitats.

AmyJ:
Any of you coastal people seen this flick

If it ever comes to Thailand I’d be the first in line to see it! Bottle Rocket, Rushmore and The Royal Tenenbaums are three of my favourite films and I’m expecting great things from Wes Anderson’s latest. Unfortunately, all the advanced reviews that I’ve read have been somewhat negative...

I'm sure the movie will suck to the ends of the earth BUT I'll be there with my scuba buddies wearing our red knit hats and speedos while enjoying the experience.

Al Mialkovsky:
I'm sure the movie will suck to the ends of the earth BUT I'll be there with my scuba buddies wearing our red knit hats and speedos while enjoying the experience.
I don't know whether to laugh or throw up. :11:

I was "un" fortunate enough to get tickets to a pre-screening of this movie. If I hadn't been sitting in the middle of the row I would have escaped early. It ranks up there as one of the worst movies of all time. Do yourself a favor and at least wait until it makes it to the dollar movies - shouldn't take long.

PF

the trailers kinda give me the same feeling that the 'death to smoochy' trailers gave me... that isn't a good sign...

hmm... I am excited to see it! Tonight is "Heathen Night" at the town indy theatre. It starts a bit later, pretty much chinese food and movies on the night when all the Christians are at home celebrating. its a good tradition, i think. Well, there are two movies being shown: "The Life Aquatic" and "A Very Long Engagement"- both I am dying to see.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom