The life Aquatic????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stevezissou:
Dear Amy,

Obviously, by your childish review, you haven't a clue as to the meaning of the word "art". Nor do you have the sense to combine it with the word "film"...hence the conjuction: "art film". If you are a real diver (as you may think), then you may have had the sense in the first place to not rely on my film for a realistic portrayal of scuba diving. It was meant to give the viewer a laugh or two along with the director's creativity, create a fun child-like underwater atmosphere. If you are looking for realistic might I suggest the Discovery Channel? Stop looking to creative films to quench your thirst for a "real" movie with scuba in it! Go make your own.

'Nuff said.

Sincerely yours,

Steve Zissou
Team Zissou

That's awesome. Kudos to whom ever set up that profile. Classic. I saw the movie (in nothing but a speedo and a red knit cap) and loved it. But to each their own on humor. I like that weird twisted humor, loved Rushmore and The Royal Tennanbaums too, though.

AmyJ:
ya I know... I would actually call it "trolling"! since it's his only contribution. I didn't mean to sound up in arms... thought I was being fairly cordial, just letting him know "I got it!!" :) although I did chuckle at the "my film" . :) How dumb does he think we all are?? Plus I was just welcoming him to the board since he obviously bypassed the intros forum. haha!

Dear Amy,

Of course I am not the "real" Steve Zissou, nor did I even think that anyone would actually believe that I was. The humor in me setting up the profile with his name on it was was only to show that some people take some things (that are not meant to be) a bit too seriously. I know everyone here on this forum, even the "real" me, does enjoy scuba and films. I also know that there are very few films that represent scuba acurately...and many other things for that matter. I just find it funny when people express negativity towards things they haven't even tried is all.

I am happy for you that you have found something that you love so much - scuba. Thank you for welcoming me to the board and maybe I'll "see" you around here some time.

For what its worth... I liked the movie, the special effects were humourous. The mainplot line was hillarious, simple, and outrageous at the same time. There was a more serious plotline beneath it, which wasn't original, but still good. The cast was done perfectly IMO.

It was nice to see a movie that isn't traditional Hollywood crap.

I waiting for it to hit the shelf, oh say, next month. I'd like to see it, as twisted stuff like this humors me. It is a humor that some don't get into though. You almost have to have a bit of a twisted dark mind yourself to get it. Kind of like the 'Cable Guy' with Jim Carey.

I liked it. But, hey, you could put an old NPR magazine on a rusty shelf and I could just stare at it for hours. I guess I have fun with the trappings of the movie.

Back
Top Bottom